Nomad Campers near Preston

Demountable campers for sale from all over the net
zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Nomad Campers near Preston

September 25th, 2023, 5:49 pm

And to allay fears of those concerned at being locked in by some wag shutting the tailgate while you're asleep :(

loriusgarrulus

September 25th, 2023, 7:39 pm

Good idea that padlock.
My back on the truck is just a bit to short to shut the tailgate on the Nomad though.
Two large chain links and a heavy duty dog clip type thing on each side brings the tailgate up nearly closed while traveling.
I have been experimenting with various fasteners out of my box of bits today.
Growing old disgracefully

zildjian
Site Admin

September 25th, 2023, 8:07 pm

There are a few on market that do fit various pickups,
quite useful actually to leave tailgate on just gives you that extra gap between dirty boots/clean camper floor

So in your case then you will be able to avoid stones being thrown up against lowered tailgate paint

loriusgarrulus

September 25th, 2023, 8:36 pm

I have a cover on the tailgate for stone protection. 😁
Attachments
image-500x500.jpg.png

Nomadcamper

September 30th, 2023, 5:34 pm

zildjian wrote:
September 25th, 2023, 5:49 pm
And to allay fears of those concerned at being locked in by some wag shutting the tailgate while you're asleep :(

I have friends who would think it funny to shut you in the camper so i build them with a opening window in the rear door so you can put your arm out and open the rear tailgate if such a thing was to happen 👍🏻

zildjian
Site Admin

October 1st, 2023, 7:05 am

And whenever these 'Multi4camp' come up for sale, its a question people seem concerned about,
1.jpeg
a window like yours sounds nicer in any case

loriusgarrulus

October 1st, 2023, 11:47 am

The opening window. 😁
One on the side too, also some vinyl non opening windows in the poptop and an opening skylight window in the roof. Quilted blackout covers to to stop the dogs/kids waking you up at 4am on a Summer morning as well.
Attachments
20231001_114519.jpg

loriusgarrulus

October 5th, 2023, 1:27 pm

Its nissing down today so I decided installing the electrics in the camper was not a good plan. Nothing complex. Its just a waterproof surface mount blue plug on the outside and a camping gang socket on the inside, complete with built in fuse breakers. There is a port on the other side of the Nomad already installed by Mark. I decided to use that one for gas and water pipes. I have the fridge on the other side of the Nomad so decided to fit separate electrics on this side.
Sewing instead now.
I couldn't find a sheet awning in the right size. I wanted something around 2mx3m.
All the ones I saw were either 2mx2m or 3mx3. The awning rail is 2m on the camper back nothing seemed to suite that I liked. Once I get an idea of what I want nothing else will do.
Eventually I discovered a nice 2mx3.8m red tarpaulin on Amazon same as the truck colour and some sturdy height adjustable aluminium poles on ebay along with some fluorescent green guylines and a driveaway figure 8 strip with the matching double strip too.
I had a load of awning strip already in my assorted caravan spares and have plenty of assorted tent pegs.
I decided to sew a 2m lengh of awning strip on the middle of the 3.8 side and another on the 2m edge so the awning can be put on either way.
Tough to sew with the thick tarpaulin and a double thickness of awning strip edge to get through even with a triangle point needle. I had to use an awl to punch holes through to get the needle through the 3 layers. On a side note its less than half price of the ready made ones the nearest size to what I wanted.
One 2m lengh sewn another to go.
Last edited by loriusgarrulus on October 5th, 2023, 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

loriusgarrulus

October 5th, 2023, 1:37 pm

The kit to sew the awning strip on and the awning. All finished now. 😁
Attachments
image-500x500.jpg (2).png
image-500x500.jpg (1).png

loriusgarrulus

October 5th, 2023, 7:12 pm

Decided to weigh a few more things and add them to my Excel spreadsheet for loading on the Isuzu. I set it up so as I add weights in one colum it totals them and then deducts them from the Isuzu payload so I know how much more I can put in.
Still got 400kg to go, but I think I will run out of space before I get that far. 🙂
It makes it a lot easier with the Nomad only weighing 325kg as a starting point. Leaves me lots of weight allowance for other stuff. The blue bits are stuff I want to take, but haven't weighed yet.
Which reminds me I must sort some wine and beer out to take. 😁
Sorry for the bad photo. The screen on my laptop blurs the photo. It will be clearer when I print it out.
Attachments
image-500x500.jpg (3).png