NDBC.....Not demountable (but close)

Demountable campers for sale from all over the net
RobYorkshire

Re: Not demountable but close....NDBC....

March 7th, 2019, 12:52 am

mjb666 wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 11:10 am
Hi Jon
I did take a second look & yes, there are no side shots. It also dosen't mention being De-mountable either but i thought it a good set-up.
Might it be a Tandy?
Mike
It's been up for sale for at least 2 years, I remember seeing it when I was first looking into purchasing a demountable.
Ford Ranger 2.5TD Super Cab 4x4 & Suntrekker Demountable

kernowjon

March 7th, 2019, 1:34 am

RobYorkshire wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 12:52 am
mjb666 wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 11:10 am
Hi Jon
I did take a second look & yes, there are no side shots. It also dosen't mention being De-mountable either but i thought it a good set-up.
Might it be a Tandy?
Mike
It's been up for sale for at least 2 years, I remember seeing it when I was first looking into purchasing a demountable.
In my opinion the price is too high - an old single skin pod - is not worth more than a grand in exceptionally good nick - I know a Mk5 double skin (late 90s) changed hands for about £3k but another one sold for under a grand. The butt has been removed from the pickup and possibly the chassis overhang at the rear removed and a raised flat bed bern put onto it. I could have bought a tidy Mazda for about £1900 last week. A realistic price about 3 grand not five and a half!
By the way Rob if you are upgrading to a bigger demountable than the Suntrekker please give me first refusal on your Suntrekker.
Jon

mjb666

March 7th, 2019, 7:05 am

Hi Jon & Rob

Thanks for a bit more info about the Suntrekker history & build, i didn't know about single/double skin build.

It's also good to see Forum members making contact with each other & chatting about De-mountables so we all learn more.

Are either of you going to be able to make this year's Social in Whitby?

Mike
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

kernowjon

March 7th, 2019, 8:34 pm

mjb666 wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 7:05 am
Hi Jon & Rob

Thanks for a bit more info about the Suntrekker history & build, i didn't know about single/double skin build.

It's also good to see Forum members making contact with each other & chatting about De-mountables so we all learn more.

Are either of you going to be able to make this year's Social in Whitby?

Mike
Mike - Yes - booking the campsite is on to do list. With our present outfit we (myself, Sandra plus dog) will probably be the smallest outfit there.
It is so far from Cornwall we are making it a part of our summer holiday - from Here to Essex and follow the east coast up to Whitby.
The single skin / double skin is the smaller pods IP / Romahome built for the Japanese micro trucks - first for 600cc Honda Acty and later the larger Suzuki Super Carry and Carry: Bedford Rascal (which was a badge engineering Super Carry: and the Daihatsu HiJet.
When IP started making the SunTrekker it would appear they utilised part of the backend moulding, specifically around the back door.

Jon

mjb666

March 7th, 2019, 10:14 pm

Hi Jon

Thanks for the IP info, interesting stuf there.

Really looking forward to having a look over your outfit should you make it. If youself, Sandra plus dog do book, let me know on here or PM me & i will add you to the list. Early days, 12 booked so far, i think on the saturday last year in Wales we had 34 different truck/De-mountable combinations all together .

Mike
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

kernowjon

March 9th, 2019, 7:02 pm

Out of interest I took a look at the MoT advisories - last year 2018 (the now expired MoT) the tester listed the fixing of the camper body as an advisory - unfortunately there was no explanation of what exactly the problem was. In 2013 there is a noter the body is insecure and dangerous to other road users. But to my mind makes a "bit of a lash-up" look very suspect. Added to this the chassis has corrosion issues.
All in all I think the seller is either - an arrogant p**** who takes everyone to be a fool: an eternal optimist: or a comedian!
Jon