2019 Whitby Runaway

Reports, advice, maps, it all goes here for the intrepid.
wonkywheel

2019 Whitby Runaway

August 24th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Better late than never.
It's been a couple of months since the runaway and no one has posted anything about it so.

Being new to the group this was the first outing I have had with the group. I must say it was a most enjoyable experience. Helpful, friendly, and good company in the evenings while having a drink and chatting.
Image Picture borrowed off the facebook page
Image Picture borrowed off the facebook page
The campsite was a short bus ride to the south-east of Whitby at The York House Caravan Park, High Hawsker. I understand the site was going through some changes after a change of ownership so there were not as many plots as was intended.

My plot was at the bottom corner and had power hookup (as did all plots). Not that I used it as I run on gas/solar.

It was good to see so many different demountables ranging from small, medium and large
Image Small
Image Medium
Image Large

Large was quite palatial although it weighed over a ton.

On my arrival, a local pointed out that the bus stops were a 5-minute walk as far as the pub where a bus could be caught to either Whitby or Scarborough, depending on which way you went. Also being of a certain age, my bus pass allowed free travel.
Whitby famed for its fish and chips was a must. I went with a small group on the bus into Whitby where we split up to explore.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I am looking forward to next year's runaway.
Thanks to all who made it so enjoyable.

A special mention "the Peaks" for their outstanding pizza's

Image Borrowed Facebook picture
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" .......(Winston Churchill)

2007 Ford Ranger "Thunder" 4x4
Camper aedificavit domum
2016 Ford Ranger "Wildtrack" 4x4