Steve (SABConsulting)'s camper

Post up an image good or bad of your camper
sabconsulting

Re: Steve (SABConsulting)'s camper

November 3rd, 2015, 9:37 pm

Sorry guys, didn't notice the questions about the wiring until now.

There is 240v and 12v in there. They are separate, but I don't have any earthed shielding between them, which I probably should have. Though the AC and DC are bundled separately and cable-tied to prevent chafing.

There is a fuse, neon indicator and isolator switch for the 240v, so I can switch it all off from inside with one switch. There is also a separate switch that isolates the 240v power that goes to the CTEK battery charger, so I can disable that charger if I need to (e.g. if I wanted to isolate all voltage input to the batteries to take an accurate voltage reading of battery state). 240v then goes to the mains sockets and fridge as well as the charger.

On the 12v side I've grouped together functions and provided fuses for them. From the fuses power goes to interior lighting, accessory sockets, exterior lighting, radio, furnace, extractor fan, compressor fridge and water pump.

12v power is supplied from the CTEK AC to DC charger. This runs in parallel with the CTEK DC to DC charger which takes its supply jointly from the solar panels and truck battery. The solar panels have an isolator switch under a cover allowing me to perform maintenance on the 12v electrics during the day. There is also a separate battery isolator so I can isolate all 12v systems from the battery without disconnecting it. The panel meter reads the voltage from the battery and amperage.

There are a set of 3 guarded and illuminated accessory switches. Only one is currently wired - to provide 12v supply to a connector accessible from the outside fridge access panel, which is currently wired to the LED flood lights around the roof rails.

I think that is all of it :roll: .

Steve.

zildjian
Site Admin

November 3rd, 2015, 9:48 pm

Wiring diagram or it didn't happen :shock:

sabconsulting

November 3rd, 2015, 10:42 pm

Steve.

zildjian