Page 10 of 10

Re: Insurance & where to get it

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2018, 10:36 pm
by mjb666
Bookend wrote:Who do you guys use for insurance?

Campton won't just insure the demountable :cry:

My pickup is covered on my company policy so I only need cover for the camper

EDITED 2017; I called Campton this morning (28th Dec) I am covered by them on my truck and demountable he confirmed that demountable campers are covered separately and together he was concerned that people are being told that this is not the case.MIKE

Just spotted this update Ref - Camptons.

Tom, you just need to get the pick-up insured now.

Re: Insurance & where to get it

PostPosted: May 4th, 2018, 6:39 pm
by Alexd
might an insurance broker be a good staring point here as they get commission after all for going out and finding cover after all

Re: Insurance & where to get it

PostPosted: May 4th, 2018, 7:54 pm
by wonkywheel
I just changed my insurance from Esure (£504 ) to Direct Line van cover
Your Vehicle Insurance premium:
(Inclusive of insurance premium tax where applicable) £283.36

- Date cover starts: 10/5/2018

- Date cover expires: //
- Cover level: Comprehensive
- Drivers: Insured only
- No claim discount: 9 years or more
- Protected no claim discount: Yes
- Class of Use: Business use for policyholder and spouse
- Voluntary excess: £200
- Guaranteed hire vehicle: No
- Legal protection: No
- Breakdown cover: No
- Payment method: Direct debit instalments with a credit card deposit


• You'll get up to £500 worth of cover for tools as standard

• The more vehicles you insure the more you could save

I need to wait until it comes into force before I complicate matters with a demountable. (Should I ever finish one)

It was the best on offer