Safeguard
4%
other
16%

Total votes: 25

TrueDink

Re: Insurance

June 12th, 2015, 1:33 am

When my chassis snapped after an accident in France my truck was fixed and back on the road within a week. Pearl is always friendly and happy to help. Highly recommended.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

zildjian
Site Admin

glass cover

June 12th, 2015, 3:51 pm

Well I shattered the rear glass on my truck last night, called Campton this morning over it and have autoglass coming out
(Autoglass apparently need over a week to slot jobs in like this) which seems pretty crap, and they wouldn't have been my first choice by a long stretch following a disastrous screen refit a few years back,

this might be my town branch though as a whole company couldn't possibly be that amateurish

TrueDink

June 12th, 2015, 8:56 pm

Ahhhhh nightmare. How did you manage that?
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

zildjian
Site Admin

June 12th, 2015, 9:11 pm

I prefer to freestyle a lot, I see potential problems but leave them and allow them to come to fruition properly....

the bungee hooked on a handy corner of load liner for example is there to hook on loose bags and sacks of stuff that would otherwise escape out tailgate-less back over summer,
the loose end of the bungee sometimes gets trapped between camper and truck bed overnight & pings out in an amusing fashion as I drive forwards, it makes me jump but you know, I kinda like that element of risk first thing,
anyway it got stretched a LoooooOOOng way this time and the carabine flew in a BIG arc and struck the screen properly.

it was a full Ten minutes before I noticed mind, blamed it on the camper leg winding handle initially flying off as Idly spun around with a little finger (showing off)
so thats an £80 excess bungee cord I have

I like to picture myself as the sort of loose cannon that doesn't play by the rules but gets the job done and I'm clinging (desperately) to this dream :mrgreen:

zildjian
Site Admin

June 12th, 2015, 9:12 pm

desperately :o :o :o

keeflester

June 12th, 2015, 9:14 pm

And my wife says I don't take enough care!
Shame on you Zildjian.
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

zildjian
Site Admin

June 12th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Tskkk, concern, advice, this is the work of the devil
if you aren't causing yourself needless expense & work you lot aren't doing it right, I've shown you the way and you're all still asking questions....

FinAde

Re: glass cover

June 16th, 2015, 2:55 pm

zildjian wrote:Well I shattered the rear glass on my truck last night, called Campton this morning over it and have autoglass coming out
(Autoglass apparently need over a week to slot jobs in like this) which seems pretty crap, and they wouldn't have been my first choice by a long stretch following a disastrous screen refit a few years back,

this might be my town branch though as a whole company couldn't possibly be that amateurish
Just done the same this afternoon, parking the truck under the camper, got the angle wrong and caught the corner of the screen on the overhang :oops: . I too got Autowindscreens who said they couldn't do anything til Friday 26th ! I got on to Zildjian at Camptons who said he would do some chasing. I also complained direct to AW and finally got an 'out of hours' appointment on Saturday - that's still almost a week :? Not brilliant, but as long as it doesn't interfere with the weekend of 26th...

Camptons weren't happy with this length of wait either so were going to put some pressure on AW to give a better service.
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

zildjian
Site Admin

June 16th, 2015, 3:10 pm

OK Campton's looking at this, I 'had' been prepared to join the queue for glass,
But if there's a way of getting them in i'll do it.

Worst case scenario you can load camper without glass of course,

My screen is intact,
Gaffa'd the hell out of it, but intact and dropped the canopy back on for security in any case.

How did you collide with overhang BTW?

zildjian
Site Admin

June 16th, 2015, 3:35 pm

Right then, just had a call back 3;30 from AW cust svc, they are *trying* to book it earlier with a repair instead in an evening at my home address as opposed work.

I'll keep you updated on this, as I say I was going to sit it out but if there's an upgrade I'm in :D