Safeguard
4%
other
16%

Total votes: 25

willyuk

Re: Insurance

May 12th, 2015, 4:14 pm

if we are trying to compare good places to insure, it would help if we highlighted plus and minus points.
I am with Campton, due to lack of any alternative. The people in the office are helpful and Knowledgeable. The policy, has some limitations, e.g. I have only 8000 miles which limits use when demounted BUT I can use all of that abroad and can be away for as long and often as I want. Covers all of EU plus others that they deem suitable, e.g. Turkey and Cyprus. I can increase to 10000 but I think it costs quite a bit. It is covered in all three guises, as a motorhome, as a caravan and as a pickup truck. Cost was £650, I have no idea if thats reasonable as no one else was interested but judging by what this thread indicates its not excessive.
Al

saDgit

May 12th, 2015, 4:22 pm

I've cast a vote for Aviva though, at the moment, it's only my pickup that's insured with them. Have previously had truck and camper combinations insured with NFU (Louth) - who for several years had a demountable-specific policy but then moved cover onto a catch-all caravan policy. I was a bit doubtful about that but when we needed to make a claim it was problem free and dealt with efficiently. Subsequently moved to Campton simply because they were cheaper though, at the time, they were more demanding than NFU in terms of mileage and European travel restrictions.
Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab

zildjian
Site Admin

merged topics

May 12th, 2015, 6:58 pm

To avoid duplication i've merged this and other threads this afternoon, if there's anything amiss just let us know and we'll help you find it

Zildjian

breakaway

May 17th, 2015, 10:41 pm

i also have my insurance with Campton have done for the last 20 years all self built.

trevorpotts

June 8th, 2015, 7:22 pm

So much for Campton as Insurer of choice. I filled in an online enquiry asking about, home, car & demountable Insurance last Thursday and no reply by Monday night. Complete waste of time.

derestrictor

June 8th, 2015, 8:35 pm

Think most people would sooner ring up and speak to an advisor than trust some form I know I would

trevorpotts

June 9th, 2015, 1:42 pm

The plan was I sent them details of what I wanted then on Thursday evening. This would give them a heads up on what I wanted. They were then supposed to ring me. I am not so stupid as to be rely solely on an online form.

keeflester

June 9th, 2015, 2:45 pm

trevorpotts wrote:The plan was I sent them details of what I wanted then on Thursday evening. This would give them a heads up on what I wanted. They were then supposed to ring me. I am not so stupid as to be rely solely on an online form.
Ouch, I don't think anyone thought you were stupid Trevor. I understand your frustration dealing with faceless people at distance. I found Adrian Flux to be much more professional and easy to deal with, if that helps at all.
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

derestrictor

June 10th, 2015, 1:20 pm

comparethemarket type service seem to put you onto people with onluine forms
(thats why we dont use them)

trevorpotts

June 11th, 2015, 11:26 pm

I thought I would check out Campton as they are mentioned on this forum and went direct to their website and filled out their enquiry form. After a few days with no reply I phoned them and got an answering machine which invited me to leave a message which I did. No reply ever. So I pose the question. I am offering to give them nearly £2000 (Business, house, contents, Pick up, and demountable) and they are too busy to reply, what would their response be if I was asking them to give me money to settle a claim? I would be quite interested to know if a) they are still in business? and b) has anyone managed to get a claim settled by them?