12%
Safeguard
6%
other
12%

Total votes : 17

Re: Insurance (who sells it)

Postby Gary W » 09 Jun 2016 18:25

zildjian wrote:Stupid thing about using a hiab on a truck is it inevitably crushes the roof at top of wall anyway as the weight of camper is more than enough to pull the straps or chains diagonally inwards up to the hook
so its bound to leak even if its tarted up for sale

might well be another (unfortunate) first for you Gary can I ask who the insurer was at that point?

How it was stolen we'll never know. The police found truck tyre marks so who knows... It was business insurance so not relevant here.
Gary W

Vehicle: SBS HiLux / SBS T4

Re: Insurance (who sells it)

Postby mjb666 » 03 Aug 2016 18:38

image upload no registration

Insurance for One off's/Prototype's/Self-Build's.

My De-Mountable was built by an unknown company or person, maybe a prototype, after 5 years i still don't know. It has always been insured as a load on the pick up on a part commercial/ part private policy. I never had to claim so will never know the truth about the load.

Having spent those five years using the original Mazda/De-mountable set up and doing 15k miles & very little to either bar routine services, the Mazda was replaced with the current Mitsubishi L200. Private, low mileage and exceptionally good all round condition, value £6k. A considerable wedge of cash was also spent on the De-Mountable as well, new legs, electrics, lockers, etc.

CAMPTON INSURANCE - I phoned and spoke at great length to Susan Pearl, Very helpful and knowledgble on De-Mountable's, basically to explain i didn't know the manufacturer. She refered it to the underwriters along with a comprehensive selection of photo's, inside & out, and my considered current 'Total Loss' replacement value, £8k (I refered her & the underwriters to the DCG For Sale thread for comparison, Thank you Richard) and they have offered insurance with no catches.

I'am Extremely pleased and impressed with the service i have received from Campton. They were also cheaper than my previous insurance company.
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable
2011 Nissan Navara Acenta King Cab 4x4
mjb666

NFU (Oban)

Postby zildjian » 19 Jul 2017 22:12

01631 567036
zildjian
Site Admin

Vehicle: Hilux/SKarosser

Previous

Return to Popular Q's & buyers guides