buying a demountable, Read this first!!

New to it all ? ask here for advice and check out these quick buyers guides
zildjian
Site Admin

buying a demountable, Read this first!!

November 23rd, 2014, 10:03 pm

If you are looking at this thread you have already begun to consider buying a demountable camper.
That’s great news; there are many benefits to ownership of this type of outfit compared to a tent, or
motorhome.

Demountable’s are rare, but growing in popularity, and the people in this group have been in your position

before and have subsequently come across surprises which with the benefit of hindsight could have been

avoided.

Before you buy please take advantage of the years of experience of people currently owning a

demountable and using them regularly, doing this now could make things easier and even save you money

in future.

You are probably asking one or more of the following questions, I know I did:

• Which vehicle do I need?

• What about insurance?

• What about roadside recovery?

• How do they mount/demount and how long does it take?

• Is it just like owning a carav
an?

• Are all the fittings and equipment the same as a caravan?

• Should I just buy a caravan? NO don’t do it!!

We are a really friendly and knowledgeable bunch, and whilst the web forum and Face Book pages are

great places to look around for advice, there is nothing like closing the computer and going to see a

demountable, in action, first hand. So why not contact us directly and we will put you in touch with

the closest demountable owner to you and arrange for you to meet them and look at their rig.

All of our members would like nothing better than showing off their outfit over a drink and letting you get

hands on with every aspect of ownership. They will be able to answer all of your questions face to face,

and be a point of contact for support throughout your decision making process, purchase and subsequent

first camping trip.

Demountables are great, they really are. I’ve owned tents, caravans and motorhomes, but the versatility,

flexibility and outright “cool” factor of owning something different trumps them all. You can spend a little

or re mortgage the house, but make sure you tap into the free advice on offer here first.

Good luck and look forward to see you in the wilds soon.

Andrew