The Gas Thread

New to it all ? ask here for advice and check out these quick buyers guides
Lost in the wilds

Re: The Gas Thread

June 2nd, 2015, 8:39 am

Bonjour Claude,

I did see that but I was hoping to install a system without making any large holes. I'm talking to my local Gasit agent.

Merci, Chris

rubberrat

June 2nd, 2015, 8:46 am

Chris, fit the filler into the gas locker door. The flexi hose will allow it to open normally. Agree that the fewer holes in the skin the better.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

Madmountainman

September 25th, 2015, 10:45 am

Just adding a question to this thread. Has anyone got the Gaslow fitted to an S Karosser and if so, would you mind putting a few pics and words of what you did? Thank you.

saDgit

September 25th, 2015, 11:52 am

Madmountainman wrote:Just adding a question to this thread. Has anyone got the Gaslow fitted to an S Karosser and if so, would you mind putting a few pics and words of what you did? Thank you.
I fitted a 6kg Gaslow bottle and a Calor Lite bottle into ours but it was an EC8L and I don't think all the Karosser campers have the same size gas locker. I'm sure others will know. There's a fairly self-explanatory pic of the installation on page 3 of this thread. Both bottles connected via braided hoses to a gauge (of limited use) fixed atop a wall-mounted regulator. And the Gaslow filler fixed with a standard Gaslow bracket just inside the locker door. System worked a treat.
Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab