Jackery power supply

New to it all ? ask here for advice and check out these quick buyers guides
loriusgarrulus

Jackery power supply

September 8th, 2023, 1:27 pm

I have been looking at power supplies for a while. Initially for a motorhome so I could go offgrid. Now I am fairly certain a demountable camper is a better option I looked again.
There is 30% off at Amazon on this one at the moment.
Jackeery

I have a big solar panel system down the wood for the old Compass caravan there and a generator for Winter, but didn't want to cart anything that big and heavy about for touring.
I saw these on a few off grid motorhome films on Youtube and have been looking at them since. I enquired about how waterproof the solar panels are from Jackery and got this reply.
Waterproof ratings for our Solar Panels are:
SS80W - IP68
SS100W - IP65
SS200W - IP67
The solar panel supplied with the lithium power bank is IP65 so splash and dust proof. Ok to start with and put on the roof while parked up for starters. The offer means its cheaper than buying the power bank on its own at the moment. It comes with a 3 mtre cable supplied. They do a 5 mtre cable at £30. A bit pricey when you have had a husband who was an electronics engineer and could have put one together for a few quid. ☹
The IP68 would be better as it can stand being immersed, but I will see how I get on with the IP65 first.
If it keeps the phone and tablet charged and supplies lighting that will be fine. I don't watch tv so not got one needs charging.
Just need to find the camper to fit it on. 🤷‍♀️
Growing old disgracefully