Leisure Battery

New to it all ? ask here for advice and check out these quick buyers guides

Re: Leisure Battery

Postby TrueDink » 02 Mar 2017 16:01

In talking to a lot of motorhomers and campers over the years the general consensus is Banner batteries are the best.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0
TrueDink

Vehicle: S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

Postby earthman » 02 Mar 2017 20:08

Whilst at a motorcycle show year, I picked up a LiFePO4 battery on display, I thought that it were just an empty 'display' model but no, this 'new' battery technology results in much less weight. :)

They are certainly expensive though,...not sure if any of these are actually suitable for campers specifically.

http://powersavingsolutions.co.uk/produ ... GwodqZEEMg
earthman

Vehicle: Isuzu D-Max

Postby Gary W » 02 Mar 2017 22:07

earthman wrote:Whilst at a motorcycle show year, I picked up a LiFePO4 battery on display, I thought that it were just an empty 'display' model but no, this 'new' battery technology results in much less weight. :)

They are certainly expensive though,...not sure if any of these are actually suitable for campers specifically.

http://powersavingsolutions.co.uk/produ ... GwodqZEEMg

We are currently testing Lithium (LifeP04) power packs designed specifically for yachts and leisure vehicles and are staggered by the results. Apart from the weight saving (which as earthman says is significant) the power is amazing. If it says 80ah on the side that's what you get. With a really top of the line conventional battery you might be lucky and get 50ah. With a so called 'leisure' battery if you're really lucky you might get a measly 30ah.
Added to that, if you do manage to flatten a Lithium power pack you can fully recharge many of them in less than 3 hours. What's not to like? Oh well the price I suppose, but it's beginning to look like they are worth the investment.

Best wishes

Gary
Gary W

Vehicle: SBS HiLux / SBS T4

Previous

Return to Popular Q's & buyers guides