Isuzu D-max factory wiring/13 pin plug/split charging relay.

New to it all ? ask here for advice and check out these quick buyers guides
mjb666

Re: Isuzu D-max factory wiring/13 pin plug/split charging re

July 25th, 2018, 9:05 pm

earthman wrote:I'm wondering how many owners have paid to have a relay fitted up front to the vehicles battery when in fact there's been no need to do it. :?
Although i have owned my De-mountable for eight years, i have only just recently had the 7-pin male connector on the De-mountable, it's over 40 years old, wired so when connected to the 13-pin towbar socket i can use pin 9, constant power, to have the 12v supply try to keep the fridge chilled when on the move.

https://brink.eu/en-gb/about-brink-towb ... ht-socket/

My first long weekend away in a rather basic field resulted in me not being able to start my pick up on the sunday and no jump leads :oops:

I was very lucky that someone was able to provide me with a set.

1. The cranking battery was 'shot' and was replaced 48hrs later.

BUT

It still leaves me with the constant live feed problem i think?

Is there an off the shelf relay type device that i can buy to stop this or do i just pull the plugs apart every time?

Mike
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

Gordmac

Re: Isuzu D-max factory wiring/13 pin plug/split charging relay.

October 22nd, 2019, 10:11 pm

This is something I have been wondering about. My truck has two plugs, the one charging the leisure battery is permanently live as you were saying. The voltmeter in the camper seems to give a reasonable voltage for the leisure battery, lower than the truck battery would be after using lights for a while. I wondered if there was a diode in the charging wire for the leisure battery which would act as a one way valve but from memory there should be a 0.7v drop across it and the camper voltmeter reads a bit high with the engine running for that. Anyone know how this works?