Safeguard
7%
other
11%

Total votes: 27

Chrisbb

Re: Insurance & where to get it

November 3rd, 2020, 10:23 pm

I never thought getting cover would be such an issue. I'm getting an ex-demo Ford Ranger Bimobil from Germany - for now I'm just driving the truck over with the pickup bed and wanted to get it registered here before getting the cabin. I tried about 6 insurers so far (Camptons, Adrian Flux and a few others) and only asked for cover for the Ranger for starters - I can't even get THAT covered.
Reasons being either it's a business car (Camptons) or it's not registered in the UK yet (most others) or my postcode, or that it has been modified (suspension uprated), or that it's an import - well I did get one quote from Adrian Flux: over £19,000 - no joke.
I think I need to dedicate an entire day to this - if anybody has any tips...
A few people told me that I need a UK registration first - but on the DVLA website it says I need the insurance policy to get the registration.
Does anybody know if that's true?

willf

Re: Insurance & where to get it

November 16th, 2020, 4:20 pm

Hi it was the Swansea office we called but i think they put it through centrally. They class it as a kind of mobile home, put it on the home insurance and it’s done no problem at all, they seemed used to doing it.