WANTED - Demountable Camper

As requested post you want ads here
Dave10101

WANTED - Demountable Camper

November 22nd, 2015, 8:23 pm

Hi. I am on the hunt for a demountable camper. I don't really have a specific make or model as long as it can fit on a pick up truck (something like an Isuzu Rodeo). It must also be able to sleep 2 adults and a 10 month old who will grow older :roll: .
It will need to look reasonably modern and clean. By this I mean not a 60's camper on a modern pick up.

I am happy to do some work both inside and out and also repair/replace things that don't work or need attention.

At the moment I don't have a pick up so also hunting one of these but the pick up is the easier half to find.

So if you want to sell, upgrade, donate a camper then I have cash waiting. And likewise a pick up too.

I am based in Stratford upon Avon but will travel. My mobile number is 07788600194. Thanks in advance, Dave.

derestrictor

Re: WANTED - Demountable Camper

November 22nd, 2015, 9:10 pm

Was it an Apollo you were especiually interested in (from your other posts)

I believe they come up for sale more often than most of the others here in the UK and are more affordable as as result,

you didn't mention a budget for either camper or truck so I'm guessing you are looking to see what comes up first

Dave10101

November 23rd, 2015, 12:17 am

Hi. An Apollo does appear to have more UK availability then others and also at a price nearer my budget. But it depends what turns up when. In terms of budget. About £12000. So £6000 for a pick up & £6000 for a camper back. Trucks are easily available for this and less. Obviously the more I pay the younger and the less miles on the truck. I think I can find a reasonable back for my budget. I missed an Apollo at £4650 that needed a touch of work & I think one went for £6500 not so long ago as well. Trouble was I still had my Landy to sell and I also had no pick up to collect the back on.

So fingers crossed, I will see a good pick up soon, and then a camper back. (or a camper back sooner).

Dave.

zildjian
Site Admin

November 24th, 2015, 11:55 am

How's your carpentry then Dave, i'm guessing here but with Apollo firmly in that price bracket anything you buy will almost certainly need som damp cutting out from behind the exterior cladding, replace and cover again, Finade has most recently done just this together with Mike on a 'Nomad' camper (both of which are written up here with pictures)
We have a buyers guide you might want to print off and take along on viewings, and recommend you buy a cheap moisture meter (£13) ebay to poke into the walls so you can judge the extent of repair and bargain accordingly

Dave10101

November 24th, 2015, 9:07 pm

I am happy do some work including damp removal. If it is beyond my ability then I think I know lots of people that could help for a fee. As time goes on my budget will increase, but as time is on my side at the moment hopefully something will come up within my budget giving me time to complete any works needed before camping season.

zildjian
Site Admin

November 24th, 2015, 9:34 pm

Oh well I don't doubt you are about right on budget to pick up a UK manufactured unit, and its healthy going into it already anticipating some DIY,
there aren't any special skills beyond patience and room to do it really,
you might like to read Mikes' account of his repair to a nomad (Ranger) camper

derestrictor

December 1st, 2015, 8:39 pm

What about that Mitsubishi and Tischer camper in the for sale section today