Moving Trolley (Another one!)

As requested post you want ads here
rubberrat

Moving Trolley (Another one!)

November 22nd, 2014, 4:16 pm

If you recall my article 'Trollied' where I bought a platform trolley so I could move my camper up and down my drive without taking the truckman top off my pickup - always a pain if i needed to shift it a bit to get round the back of our house with something big.
Would be good to roll the camper into a covered space too, like a shed or carport too low to drive into with it on the truck.

Anyway, the plan worked well.

In a local parish mag a chap had one for sale so I grabbed it today in case anyone on here wanted one as they are like hens teeth to get hold of. This one was a bit more than the last one - yours for £150.

I'll Ebay it after a week if no takers as they are used for lots of other things, those stationary steam engines and behind garden tractors etc.

The same as this one but 5' long (mine is 6') - I'll add a photo of the real thing tomorrow.

North Norfolk

Last edited by rubberrat on November 27th, 2014, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

Mike

Re: Moving Trolley

November 23rd, 2014, 6:08 pm

Hi im very interested but have you got a pic yet of the actual one what condition is it in
What width is it by the way.
Cheers Mike
2008 Ford Ranger 3.0 Wildtrack
Nomad ( Ranger ) Demountable

rubberrat

November 23rd, 2014, 6:59 pm

Hi mike, I didn't do the pics today as..
A. We had a monsoon here today.
B. When we have rain the Internet dies. This is rural Norfolk, some houses still have gas lights! :D

So, will take pics and put on tomorrow - Monday. It's 3' wide (3' x 5') and in very good condition.

Only for sale here at the moment to DCG members for at least a week so no panic about it selling elsewhere. Yeovil, the only directions won't be travelling in over next few weeks!

I'll put the pics up and then pm you my phone number

Cheers. Mark

zildjian
Site Admin

November 23rd, 2014, 7:29 pm

I would have had this myself but after this weekend and the 'gentle' slope of my drive I might be the only person ever to get run over by his camper! :D

(would need a brake of some kind)

rubberrat

November 23rd, 2014, 8:50 pm

I have... Mrs Rubberrat with a wheel chock and listening reflexes :o .

Zildjian...you still have first dibs... I'll reply to your emails as soon as I get home... iPad is screwy with google mail.

zildjian
Site Admin

November 23rd, 2014, 8:54 pm

Do you know I wish mine had a listening reflex might avoid any number of issues.

No its quite alright now, and besides which Andy is already writing me off as standard-Southern-lightweight having packed camper away so early (if indeed at all) :lol:

rubberrat

November 23rd, 2014, 9:11 pm

Ah yes 'Lightening reflexes' but listening reflexes works just as well. OK, Its Mikes then so pending my photographing it and Mike approving it's provisionally sold.

I'll keep an ear to the ground for another , It took a year to find 'mine', then a couple of weeks later another one pops up not 5 miles from here.

If i can get another one at this kind of price then that's good as they usually make £250+ on ebay.

Peaky

November 23rd, 2014, 9:15 pm

zildjian wrote: Andy is already writing me off as standard-Southern-lightweight having packed camper away so early (if indeed at all) :lol:
Me sir :?: No not I sir :?:

We're All Southern Jessie's in the eyes of xulih :roll: :roll:
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

rubberrat

November 23rd, 2014, 9:39 pm

I've no idea what us lot out East are, other than over-digited. ;)

Mike has bagged the trolley now. If anyone is distantly likely to be over here - about 30 miles from Kings Lynn, and may be heading towards Yeovil with their truck and would transport it for him to save a drive all the way over here and back then he'd be very grateful (yes - I know that's not going to happen but always worth an ask)

Camper packed away in September wasn't it Zildjian? we're loading up the camper on the 19th of December for a run waaay ooop North, even as far as Scotland, pity is isn't 'abroad' after that referendum, ...I do like being abroad.

rubberrat

November 24th, 2014, 7:18 pm

Hi Mike, these pics will be a pain to email due to size, so I’ll put them here first and delete them after a week or so to save bandwidth..

So, this is the trolley…

Was stored in a huge garage at a country house when I picked it up so avoided the ravage of weather.

The sizes are:_

Load bed - 62” (5’2”) 157cm
Overall - 68” (5’8”) 173CM
Width – 36” (3’0”) 91CM
Height on wheels – 21” 53cm

The turntable could be spun so it’s no longer than the bed, I can’t see how the wheels are removed. It’s better engineered than mine which has simple split pins securing. – these have fancy hubs and grease nipples.
Tyres are fine. The timber bed is a bit of a mish-mash and would make my OCD wobble, but certainly doesn’t need changing.

Hope that does it..