Update on repairs

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
richc

Update on repairs

August 31st, 2014, 5:09 pm

Well , Markerstudy (the insurers) should have had an egineer onsite last week to look at camper. But he turned up on thursday at 8:00am (Apollo open at 9:00am - I know this cos it says so on their website, unfortunatly this highly trained engineer is either stupid or incompetent so didn't bother checking)

So the engineer still hasn't had sight of the camper body so repairs have not commenced

I was promised that the engineers would contact Apollo and make an appointment early this week. Apollo have heard nothing

So I'm going to go totally librarian at Markerstudy tomorrow (if you don't understand the reference you need to read more Terry Pratchett)

Rich

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Update on repairs

August 31st, 2014, 5:18 pm

Oh thats disappointing,
In my case I had the camper with me at work and He showed up either AM/PM and looked it over in the car park before going off to book a repairer.

Don't blame you at all for phone call Tomorrow with a manager (or better) I would as well,
hope this brings prompt response claim has after all been open for some time now and it seemed pretty straightforward,

more so since you have the manufacturer in tow as well

richc

September 2nd, 2014, 10:21 am

So the engineer should be at Apollo today (tuesday). No one had contacted Apollo on Friday so I read the riot act very politly to the poor sap at Markerstudy Insurance (Camptons were the brokers)

So watch this space......

Also

Had an interesting chat with someone from their fraud protection scheme last week , because the incident occured on the 1st day of the policy and the vehicle had not been insured for the 8 weeks previously. I explained to her that the vehicle had only just been bought by us that day (did she want a copy of the bill of sale) and also she was using google earth to look for the shared driveway at our house so I talked her through that too. They are getting very thorough.

Rich

zildjian
Site Admin

September 2nd, 2014, 8:40 pm

How near home did Lisa collide with tree then, is it outside your home?

richc

September 2nd, 2014, 9:48 pm

15-20 meters of our parking area, I think she just forgot which pickup she was driving and took her normal line - the other pickup doesn't have a camper body !

Engineer turned up today so will bug insurance company tomorrow and see what next stage is to getting approval for repairs, hope they don't write it off (can they write the camper body off without affecting the pickup truck as its all under one policy ?)

Rich

rubberrat

September 3rd, 2014, 8:38 am

Writing off is often an easier route to end for insurance companies. But if you insist on repair rather than write off they will often listen to your argument and if the cost difference isn't too great may sway in your favour.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

richc

September 3rd, 2014, 11:24 am

Repairs have been authorised !

Yippee !

Thats relaxed us both

Of course the insurance company thought the authorisation had been sent but Apollo hadn't received it, so still having to manage that but we will get there

No timescales yet either , well we can always take the Iveco to adventure overland and stick a for sale sign on it, might be the best way to go anyway

Rich

zildjian
Site Admin

September 3rd, 2014, 11:44 am

That's good news finally Rich, you must be relieved brilliant,
Can Apollo slot it into their shop In time hmmm,

My renewal barely increased the following year BTW,

richc

September 4th, 2014, 9:37 am

Zildjian - good news about the renewal

Well the latest part of the story is that Markerstudy have been trying to fax the instruction over despite being told yesterday that Apollo don't have a working fax machine

Fax for goodness sake - its so 1980's (Saying that , we still receive orders by fax at work from one of the biggest telecoms providers in the country)

So they are now emailing it - keep your fingers crossed

Rich

zildjian
Site Admin

September 4th, 2014, 10:04 am

Seems a remarkable study in driving custom elsewhere I have to speak to Campton next week about a speeding ticket so I might ask how 'attached' they are to marketstudy if they want my money next year