Today I (Tested out heating overnight)

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Bookend

Re: Today I

January 17th, 2016, 9:16 am

Didn't get pics this time as it was dark when I arrived and dark when I left.

If we go next week it will be for two nights so water use will be interesting.

It's all a learning curve but it's one reason we went for a demountable so we could be self contained when wild camping.

Peaky

Re: Today I (Tested out heating overnight)

January 17th, 2016, 2:43 pm

On the water concerns, we rely heavily on wet wipes. Antibacterial for general wiping surfaces & plates etc. Cheapo baby wipes for a quick body wash. You'll save a lot of water using these ;)
Or it's a bowl of hot water & a flannel for the body wash :)
Saving water this way means when we're wild camping, 60 liters of water can stretch to almost 4 days. If we know we're going to be on the limit, we buy the cheap 5l bottled water & carry it behind the seats in the cab. I know your therefore paying for water but it'll get you to your next stop if need be :)
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

Poppi

January 17th, 2016, 5:14 pm

I have slept in my romahome in cold weather, I always sleep naked but have a summer quilt to lay on a fleece sleeping bag liner to get into and a winter quilt on top and have never been cold once in bed. A hat and spare fleece blanket is always kept nearby if needed as I don't like to have head under quilt and fleece blanket on top protects cotton quilt cover from damp as it sits on top.
In summer i can just reverse quilts and sleep on the winter one with summer one on top. If really cold in morning I just dress under the covers lol
Poppi

keeflester

January 17th, 2016, 5:55 pm

Peaky wrote:On the water concerns, we rely heavily on wet wipes. Antibacterial for general wiping surfaces & plates etc. Cheapo baby wipes for a quick body wash. You'll save a lot of water using these ;)
Or it's a bowl of hot water & a flannel for the body wash :)
Saving water this way means when we're wild camping, 60 liters of water can stretch to almost 4 days. If we know we're going to be on the limit, we buy the cheap 5l bottled water & carry it behind the seats in the cab. I know your therefore paying for water but it'll get you to your next stop if need be :)
Pretty similar to our approach. We don't have a tank (our choice) so it's bottled water for everything. It's amazing how well you can wash with a kettle full of water. In the winter we put a couple of mini hot water bottles in our bed and the water from those is what we re-use for a wash. We keep a supply of bottled water under the box sofa along with the wine and any heavy food items. We use kitchen roll rather than tea towels and we only wash dirty dirty dishes. Clean dirty dishes get wiped with kitchen roll and re-used. For hand hygiene we use sanitiser gel. It stinks a bit but the alcohol evaporates and leaves the hands germ-free. We make a lot of cups of tea, when we're not drinking wine that is.
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.