Northstar serial/registration number

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Black Countryman

Northstar serial/registration number

December 25th, 2015, 9:26 am

As the new proud owner of a second hand Northstar 700DL I telephoned the Caravan and Camping Club to insure it.

After explaining that I couldn't fit wheel locks because it doesn't have wheels, a hitch lock because there is no hitch, agreeing to have it listed as a single axle demountable (their system can't cope with the fact that it has no axle) and explaining how a camper doesn't have to have an engine I managed to get a policy.

Now they have sent me a letter asking for the serial or registration number of the camper. I've searched all over the outside and and inside, in cupboards and under seats and can't find any sort of identifying number.

Has anyone else had this trouble with insurance companies and do any other Northstar owners have a number or registration plate on their camper? I did email Northstar headquarters in the US about a week ago but got no answer.

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Northstar serial/registration number

December 25th, 2015, 9:53 am

we have This as a long term guide,

perhaps you could add your vote to poll and a comment for reference,
as I mentioned its a well trodden path and something we are happy to help newcomers with

keeflester

December 25th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Ours had a reg no. It came with the paperwork. Your previous owner should have passed that on to you. It's similar to a VIN.
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

Big Jim

December 25th, 2015, 1:46 pm

I have also searched my Northstar for a plate and could not find one . No one has asked me for it , insured with Campton, very reasonable . I don't see the point of having a vin number on a piece of paper and not on the camper , how do you prove the paper goes with the camper ?
Happy Christmas all.
Jim

hondababe55

December 26th, 2015, 2:54 pm

Camptons really was the only option Jim to cover both truck and camper, whether they are together as a unit or separate, Camptons cover the lot. I first tried Adrian Flux cos I was with them with my moho and to insure the demountable and truck (it had to be separately) they wanted £2000. I paid £430 or £530 with Camptons - can't remember now :( and their customer service is excellent.