New Pickup news

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
FinAde

Re: New Pickup news

October 20th, 2015, 7:46 pm

Any Nissan Navara fans out there? Pics of the new NP300 Navara. The Renault and Mercedes pick-ups will be based on the new Navara too. I had a ride and drive opportunity today, 2.3cdi 160ps & 190ps.
The rear leaf suspension has been replaced by coils springs and (5) multi-link suspension.
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

Madmountainman

October 23rd, 2015, 7:13 pm

[quote="FinAde"]Any Nissan Navara fans out there? Pics of the new NP300 Navara. The Renault and Mercedes pick-ups will be based on the new Navara too. I had a ride and drive opportunity today, 2.3cdi 160ps & 190ps.
The rear leaf suspension has been replaced by coils springs and (5) multi-link suspension.

And pray tell, what is the max load on the coil suspension?

rubberrat

October 24th, 2015, 1:32 pm

I wonder why LandRover haven't picked up on the popularity of double cabs and rehashed the runout model Discovery into a DC. There was a mock up pic around a while ago.
Also Skoda missing a trick with something as a budget Amarok alternative.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

FinAde

October 25th, 2015, 6:38 pm

Madmountainman wrote:
And pray tell, what is the max load on the coil suspension?
I can't recall the exact weight limit on the rear axle. I think the payload was around 1070kg..ish. That's if my memory is working correctly :oops:
I did ask if the chassis was a new design and if it was stronger than the old model. Unfortunately, the chassis is essentially the same as the old model with design changes to accommodate the coil springs and multilink suspension.
Personally I found the flared bonnet and wings hampered the view of the front corners. The ride was great with the coil suspension. The auto box was not as smooth as our Amarok.
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

rubberrat

October 25th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Who cares... there's somewhere to stand your tea on the tailgate. i'll order one tomorrow morning!
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

zildjian
Site Admin

October 25th, 2015, 6:58 pm

"did ask if the chassis was a new design and if it was stronger than the old model. Unfortunately, the chassis is essentially the same as the old model"

and that completely rules many people out I'll bet, there's just too many pictures and stories doing the rounds now

FinAde

October 25th, 2015, 8:16 pm

I'm not sure how this link suspension would cope with a load such as a demountable... I guess it might cause more porpoising. Where/how to fit the airbags? It might make for a more comfortable ride generally but chassis protection is important.

Fiona
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

zildjian
Site Admin

October 25th, 2015, 8:29 pm

Not sure any amount of suspension is going to preserve the chassis in its current form, would be interesting to learn where Nissan see these being sold and to whom,
Rangers' seems targeted at farming community largely (or at least that's who seem most motivated)
certainly taking a ute' and making it less so & more car-like is nothing new.
at least when you bought a defender you knew pretty much exactly what to expect,

and thats something I don't say often :D

Alexd

October 26th, 2015, 10:00 am

Can anyone tell me if there is a known issue with Ford chassis's after reading a bit concerning the Nissan Navara ive been searching for similar on Ranger but not seen much mentioned thanks in advance
Alex

Madmountainman

October 27th, 2015, 3:48 pm

Alexd wrote:Can anyone tell me if there is a known issue with Ford chassis's after reading a bit concerning the Nissan Navara ive been searching for similar on Ranger but not seen much mentioned thanks in advance
Alex
Not to my knowledge, though the Ranger does have issues with the clutch dual mass flywheel, but then, so do most modern vehicles with these.
On the subject of carrying capacity of the new Navarra, I believe it's only 940kg on a double cab.