Pick up advice

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Peaky

Re: Pick up advice

May 28th, 2015, 10:04 pm

Just for an extra curve ball Add, we use our double cab rear seat as a locker for all the gear which we don't use all the time. Our outdoor chairs, table, wind break, inflatable kayak, 2 x folding bikes, awning, electric cable, excess food & booze are all carried here. Therefore helping to keep the weight distribution forward of the rear axle. With a single cab or even a king cab you'll lose some or all of this much needed space & end up shunting stuff around just so you can go to bed or set the table up :(

Just keeping you on the "drawing board", for now at least :lol: :lol:

Andy
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

Add6598

May 28th, 2015, 10:33 pm

Haha Cheers Andy,
That's what I initially thought too, and I suspect that's what I'll end up doing just to keep my options open- assuming I buy a pickup first!
with a bit of forward planning I suppose even water and things like that could be kept in the back leaving the demountables tanks empty. I probably need to relax and wait till after the meet in June, I think everything will be clearer once I've had the opportunity to see some things in the flesh and chat to people. Trouble is I'm one of those people who really overthinks every scenario.

rubberrat

May 29th, 2015, 9:37 am

I'll second Andys modus. Although the camper itself has little storage, the back seat is our 'garage' and everything goes in there.
Pretty much only food and clothes in the camper.
We have a strong trailer net to help stop things flying about in an accident (and law in Portugal)
Also will be adding boy racer window film to rear side windows to keep prying eyes away and to make the glass harder to break.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

Peaky

May 29th, 2015, 5:11 pm

Plus the other point to remember is that if your using the (double cab) truck as your main vehicle, like I do. Then you have the rear seat for friends / family thus giving you seating for 4 adults. You can't do that with a single or extra cab ;) ;) ;)
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

mjb666

May 31st, 2015, 2:14 pm

You can get two Adults in the back of my Kingcab with three point seatbelts fitted but will admit legroom is limited & a long journey might be a bit of a strain but possibly the best compromise of all three styles of pick up.
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

richc

May 31st, 2015, 2:34 pm

We too use the rear seat for a storage area. Charis, tools and extra can of diesel, water

The Apollo has got great storage in the nosecone for clothes etc.

rich

mickjean

June 12th, 2015, 7:51 pm

Hi I have just spent a shed load of money on a Hilux I did try the Nissan but the Hilux did it for me. The chassis problem I was aware of on the Nissan and this did put me off. I must admit the cost of the Hilux was k20 plus but for k8 it will still be possible to get a good used one. Have a word with Golum Rumsby I think he has a Mitsubushi for sale, or look on e-bay at demountable campers Golum has a Tisher for sale then look at other things he is selling and you will see it. Good luck Mick