No explanation of demountable needed!

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Eurosully

No explanation of demountable needed!

March 17th, 2015, 11:32 pm

Today, I booked a ferry onto Mainland (Orkney) and then a second ferry onto the island of Hoy. The second had no online booking function so had to call..... and low and behold......when I started to say the usual "motorhome, well pick up, erm not a 5th wheel" .....the softly spoken lady said "is it a demountable on the back of a Navara?!!!!!!"

Such a change!!! She was great, knowledgeable and an ex owner! Not sure what make but she also had one on a Nissan, for a few years, then sold it on for something bigger.

Maybe I'll meet her in person...... :-)

rubberrat

Re: No explanation of demountable needed!

March 18th, 2015, 8:43 am

Sounds like love!

I have to say that describing a demountable can be a frustrating task. Crossing Europe last year caused all kinds of problems at road tolls, often different pricing at different toll stations on the same road!
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: No explanation of demountable needed!

March 18th, 2015, 10:54 am

Must have had that same explanation loads of times now, always nice when someone actually knows what you're on about,

only the once on a site by Stonehenge did the owner comes straight out "Oh yea, I know what they are, thats fine"

unfortunately an Australian lodging on the site next to us, was a complete bore and spoilt the evening there talking
"about how much better they are back home" :roll: