The great 55 day turnaround that SV tech offer folks

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
zildjian
Site Admin

Re: The great 55 day turnaround that SV tech offer folks

October 10th, 2015, 7:40 pm

Have you phoned them or do you think it better not too, You copied everything and sent it registered I'm guessing
they can be a bit careless (Remember Sue's)

FinAde

October 10th, 2015, 7:58 pm

Not phoned them yet. Have copies of everything. They returned the certificate from SV Tech within a week so I was hoping to get the V5 back shortly after. Will have to call them I think.
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

zildjian
Site Admin

October 10th, 2015, 8:16 pm

I may have found an alternative to the Billy Smarts circus BTW and actually just along the road from you

sorry bout' that..

derestrictor

October 11th, 2015, 12:08 pm

Well there must be other people offering this amongst their range of services

just finding them

FinAde

October 27th, 2015, 2:44 pm

Just called the DVLA to chase up the V5 after 8 weeks and it turns out they updated the record but didn't bother sending the certificate. Hopefully it will be here by the end of next week. Another excellent service, not :roll:
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

zildjian
Site Admin

October 27th, 2015, 8:08 pm

At least with DVLA you just know as (Welsh) civil servants what you're getting into
and act/retain copies accordingly :D

derestrictor

October 27th, 2015, 8:50 pm

Oi, deriding the cilvil service like this! :lol:

Welsh indeed

FinAde

Re: Need to lose some weight/re-plating vehicle

November 6th, 2015, 4:47 pm

Lost in the wilds wrote:From Gareth Marsh at SV Tech by email:
"After registration, the DVLA only have access to changing data recorded in section 7.
This is quite correct, and it is only the revenue weight that gets amended."

I phoned Gareth. I am not the first to query this. DVLA CANNOT change anything on the V5 apart from the blue section 7. Only the manufacturer can apply to have anything else changed.
Gareth recommends that if I am stopped by the plod to refer them to the plate that states GVM is 3500 kg. This is apparently acceptable to them. Whether that is the case abroad.........maybe I'll find out in time!

Chris
Well my second 'new' V5 has finally arrived and DVLA have now changed both sections to 3500KG 8-) . So it seems Gareth's advice is not correct.
Even if it were, why do SV Tech bother to put a request to amend both sections of the V5 on the certificate then ? :?
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

Peaky

Re: Lets all use SV Tech to re-plate a vehicle (not)

November 7th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Peaky wrote:FINAL SV TECH UPDATE

HOORAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got there in the end!!!

The correct plate arrived today & has been stuck to the vehicle.

I emailed Gareth again showing my dismay & surprise surprise.........No Reply :roll: :roll: :roll:

Then 2 days later I got the correct plate in the post with a compliments slip saying "Sorry for the Cock Up"

I've posted the log book back to the DVLA with the amendments filled in Section 7 & let's see how long they take to return the new updated logbook :?: :?: :?:

SV Tech really don't give a dam about their customers as which has now been proved on here yet again :cry: :cry:

So if any of you folks wish to go down the up-plate road, then I'm afraid that you'll have to persevere with them, keep on their backs & your application will eventually get processed. :cry: :cry:

The Final piece of the Up-plating is now in place!!!
The new log book has arrived today which has taken 1 calendar month from door to door :D :D
It has the new 3500Kg stated in the Revenue Weight section as requested. So I'm now fully Legal :D

90Days from start to finish isn't too bad I suppose :lol: :lol: :lol:

I went down to my local weigh bridge to get all 3 weights done, but unfortunately it was flooded. So that means a revisit hopefully next weekend.
I then went down to my local council weigh bridge, who said that they could weigh today but wanted a mere £13.80 per weight taken £41.40 for 5 mins on a weigh bridge !!! :roll: :roll: :cry:
I replied with "That's too expensive" & was promptly told to "Get on my way" :cry: :cry:

So hopefully by this time next week, I'll know my true weights & what I've got to play with ;) ;) ;)
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0