The great 55 day turnaround that SV tech offer folks

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Bookend

Re: Need to lose some weight...

March 9th, 2015, 4:14 pm

According to Apollo the weight should be fairly well balanced.

Fridge and water heater one side but you have the toilet, room heater and gas at the other.

I guess the awning and a full tank of water wont help that side though.

FinAde

March 9th, 2015, 8:10 pm

Yes I can see the idea behind that, although if you're not carrying water in the toilet and have a light gas tank then most of the weight is on one side. Plus our fuel tank is that side, and the awning is an obvious extra weight although it's pretty central front to back.

Not really arguing the weight each side rather than noting how much is behind the rear axle.

Just heard that there's the possibility of uprating the rear axle limit if airbags are fitted so might look into that.
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

Peaky

March 9th, 2015, 8:13 pm

You could get the truck re-plated to 3.5ton. Which would give you extra payload as well as extra rear load. You would probably also have to upgrade the tyres as well, BF Goodrich AT's would do the job ;)
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

FinAde

March 9th, 2015, 9:00 pm

Will see how the weighbridge visit goes first. It might be worth looking into if it's not good news.

Thanks to Chris for the idea that this might be an option :)
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

Mike

March 27th, 2015, 6:57 pm

Well I am going to hitch it all up tomorrow and go to the weighbridge, my wife got the truck weighed this week its 2020Kg with a rear hard top must weigh 45Kg guesstimate plus a full tank.
The max vehicle weight is 2740Kg so im towards to top end I think.
Thought it would be a good data base to start off for a number of vehicles max weight, kerb weight and then weight of the camper.
I did find this www site which lists all the specs of various trucks and other vehicles, weights and dimensions which makes interesting reading! !!!!.
Good for comparrisons

http://www.helpfindmea.co.uk
2008 Ford Ranger 3.0 Wildtrack
Nomad ( Ranger ) Demountable

Que

March 27th, 2015, 11:07 pm

We have a Navara King cab which shifts the weight further forward but even so we have removed the tailgate as it's quite a lump and made a lightweight foldable job out of chequer plate aluminium and timber. One other solution is to fit a bull bar to the front of the truck and mount the spare wheel on it which is what Martin Wiltshire has done (of Allaboutdemountables.com). This moves a load more weight futher forward and also makes the spare easily reachable if needed. It's something I'm thinking of doing just for the convenience of being able to get to the spare wheel.

Hope that helps.
Nissan D40 KingCab
Apollo Demountable
Weston-Super-Mare

rubberrat

March 28th, 2015, 10:16 am

Que wrote:We have a Navara King cab which shifts the weight further forward but even so we have removed the tailgate as it's quite a lump and made a lightweight foldable job out of chequer plate aluminium and timber. One other solution is to fit a bull bar to the front of the truck and mount the spare wheel on it which is what Martin Wiltshire has done (of Allaboutdemountables.com). This moves a load more weight futher forward and also makes the spare easily reachable if needed. It's something I'm thinking of doing just for the convenience of being able to get to the spare wheel.

Hope that helps.
Discuss that with your insurers first or that may cause you issues.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

keeflester

March 28th, 2015, 11:11 am

Que wrote:We have a Navara King cab which shifts the weight further forward but even so we have removed the tailgate as it's quite a lump and made a lightweight foldable job out of chequer plate aluminium and timber. One other solution is to fit a bull bar to the front of the truck and mount the spare wheel on it which is what Martin Wiltshire has done (of Allaboutdemountables.com). This moves a load more weight futher forward and also makes the spare easily reachable if needed. It's something I'm thinking of doing just for the convenience of being able to get to the spare wheel.

Hope that helps.
Tried that link, Allaboutdemountables.com does not exist.

"Pay attention 007" http://truck-campers.uk/
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

Mike

March 28th, 2015, 4:52 pm

Well the results are in
Max vehicle weight from plate 2740 kg
Weighed today truck plus camper 2740Kg yikes right on the limit.
Weight of camper 780kg which is without water beer etc , but some tined food plus pots and pans.
Heavier than I thought.
Weight of truck with hard top 2020kg.

So interesting results I think.
Not sure what to do now as we will always need to add more weight awning clothes, beer/cider.

May have to get a newer truck with higher limit.
2008 Ford Ranger 3.0 Wildtrack
Nomad ( Ranger ) Demountable