The great 55 day turnaround that SV tech offer folks

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Sheriff

Re: Need to lose some weight/re-plating vehicle

June 23rd, 2015, 2:05 pm

I've just got my re-plating through from SvTech - GVM up from 3210 to 3480, rear axle up from 1750 to 2010, tyre load rating of 110.

The process took about 3 weeks from emailing the form to receiving the new plate. I took forum advice and rang up a few times to keep it on the boil. Cost was the standard £260 + VAT. All very easy.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Guy
Karosser Camp 6L
Toyota Hilux 3ltr auto

FinAde

June 25th, 2015, 8:02 pm

Congrats :D .The next step is the V5. I sent it off with the certificate from SVTech on 20th May. I got a letter this week dated 15th June stating that my request was being dealt with, along with the returned certificate. Still no V5 though. A month to tell me they've received the application is rediculous :roll:

Luckily I took copies of everything so will be travelling with all the paperwork 'just in case'.

Tischer 230
VW Amarok

Lost in the wilds

July 2nd, 2015, 7:55 am

Just been to the weighbridge with the whole rig.
Tischer 230 (empty) comes out at around 710 kgs.
The limiting factor is the rear axle (weighed in at 1900 kgs, limit is 2200 kgs). Add water, gas, beer, etc and we should be OK.

Chris

zildjian
Site Admin

July 2nd, 2015, 8:48 am

Beer huh, hmm sounds like gubment' man is policing our alcohol intake and using VOSA to enforce it,

They'll likely stop you at roadside offer to pour liquor down drain or slap a ticket on screen

Peaky

August 10th, 2015, 4:48 pm

Well, I took the bull by the horns & gave SV Tech a call this morning. I asked for Gareth as recommended & had a good but brief conversation with him, during which I advised him of all the work I've completed to the chassis, airbags & tyres. Upon asking for a turnaround date from start of the application to completion, he said that it would take approx 1 - 2 weeks & it would be at a cost of £320.00 + VAT :!: :!: :!: :cry: :cry:
He then went on to ask for my email address so he could send me the necessary paperwork for me to fill out & return with photographs etc etc.
This was at 10am today & guess what ??????? No email yet :roll: :roll:

To say I'm not holding my breath is an understatement :!: But as they appear to be the only company who overs this service, then unfortunately, I'm in their hands :cry: :cry:

So let's put the stopwatch on them & see how long it really takes :lol: :lol: :lol:
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

FinAde

August 11th, 2015, 10:13 am

FinAde wrote:The next step is the V5. I sent it off with the certificate from SVTech on 20th May.
Well it seems the DVLA are as useful as a chocolate teapot. Finally received the new V5 to find that the Gross Revenue Weight has indeed been updated to 3500KG but maximum laiden weight is only 3170KG :roll: :roll: :? :?

So back it has to go... with a gentle note (and much highlighter) that they got it wrong... bring on another 6 week wait.
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

Lost in the wilds

August 11th, 2015, 11:19 am

We've just got our V5 back. Same thing - Revenue weight 3500 kg, Max permissible mass 3170 kg. I'm going to have words with SV Tech as it does not actually state on their declaration that the MPM is now 3500 kg.

More later, Chris

Lost in the wilds

August 11th, 2015, 5:14 pm

From Gareth Marsh at SV Tech by email:
"After registration, the DVLA only have access to changing data recorded in section 7.
This is quite correct, and it is only the revenue weight that gets amended."

I phoned Gareth. I am not the first to query this. DVLA CANNOT change anything on the V5 apart from the blue section 7. Only the manufacturer can apply to have anything else changed.
Gareth recommends that if I am stopped by the plod to refer them to the plate that states GVM is 3500 kg. This is apparently acceptable to them. Whether that is the case abroad.........maybe I'll find out in time!

Chris

FinAde

August 13th, 2015, 8:57 am

Lost in the wilds wrote:We've just got our V5 back. Same thing - Revenue weight 3500 kg, Max permissible mass 3170 kg. I'm going to have words with SV Tech as it does not actually state on their declaration that the MPM is now 3500 kg.

More later, Chris

Interesting as our certificate does state that the MPM needs to be 3500KG.

Too late now, I've sent it off, so I'll await the return of my V5 unchanged then.
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

Peaky

August 15th, 2015, 2:48 pm

Peaky wrote:Well, I took the bull by the horns & gave SV Tech a call this morning. I asked for Gareth as recommended & had a good but brief conversation with him, during which I advised him of all the work I've completed to the chassis, airbags & tyres. Upon asking for a turnaround date from start of the application to completion, he said that it would take approx 1 - 2 weeks & it would be at a cost of £320.00 + VAT :!: :!: :!: :cry: :cry:
He then went on to ask for my email address so he could send me the necessary paperwork for me to fill out & return with photographs etc etc.
This was at 10am today & guess what ??????? No email yet :roll: :roll:

To say I'm not holding my breath is an understatement :!: But as they appear to be the only company who overs this service, then unfortunately, I'm in their hands :cry: :cry:

So let's put the stopwatch on them & see how long it really takes :lol: :lol: :lol:

UPDATE No.1

I gave Gareth a call on Friday lunchtime to remind him that I was still waiting for his email.
After taking all my details again the email / forms arrived 5mins later with an apology to say that he must've got side tracked when we spoke last Monday.
I completed the form took photos & copied the log book & sent it all back within the hour.
I also asked in the return email about the price query.
So let's see what happens next :roll: :roll:
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0