What Aerial?

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
TrueDink

What Aerial?

February 6th, 2015, 11:58 am

I'm starting to permanently fit some IDE (In Demountable Entertainment) into my Northstar. For the heart of the system I'm building a mini-ITX pc with a quad core Intel Celeron processor. I will be using a Sony head unit and 2 speakers for the sound. I have already fitted a 22" Samsung DVB-T2 TV which will also be the monitor for the pc. In Europe I will connect my pc to the internet using my phone and I will receive TV that way.

On the other hand, while in the UK I would want to receive Freeview HD channels on my TV. So my questions are what types of aerial do you guys use, what would be the best aerial to buy and where and how do you fit them? I would prefer a permanently mounted aerial but I've had omni's in the past and IMHO they're are crap. Any advice would be appreciated.

http://www.aerialsandtv.com/touringaerials.html
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

mjb666

Re: What Aerial?

February 6th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Having spent the first few years in the Demountable mucking around with different tv & aerial set up's i finally settled on an Avtex tv & STH1000 digital tv antenna. It is so easy to use, plug in, hit auto tune & its sorted in seconds. I keep it inside when travelling & when i stop, just plug it in to the waterproof socket on the outside of the unit & hang it onto the small bracket fixed at the rear, takes about 30 seconds to fit each time.

It wasn't cheap but i would highly recommend it to anyone, i must admit to only having used it in the south & southwest but i have always had all stations on Freeview & Several in HD.
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

rubberrat

February 7th, 2015, 1:44 pm

Another vote for Avtex TV for 240v & 12v action. Not sure what the arial is but it usually works, and I have one of those 'suitcase' type sat dishes which is a faff to set up but works well when done.
I bought it for BBC news in Europe, but now the satellite footprints have been drastically reduced - mid-France is about as far south as it works now -I probably won't take it any more. I guess internet TV is the future?

Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

TrueDink

February 7th, 2015, 3:14 pm

The only reliable way to get British TV in Europe is over the Internet. Its a bit of a faf setting up a VPN but once it done that's it and you can get TV everywhere there's a 3 or 4G signal.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0