Cheers Peaky!

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
cthodgson

Cheers Peaky!

February 2nd, 2015, 8:30 pm

I just wanted to say cheers to Peaky for showing us his Skarosser yesterday afternoon. We are now on a mission to source the right unit that fits our needs and budget, but the decision wouldn't have been as easily made without the help of everyone on this forum.

Thanks for all the help so far, and I can't wait to write the post where I'm showing off my nice new camper!

Peaky

Re: Cheers Peaky!

February 2nd, 2015, 8:43 pm

cthodgson wrote:I just wanted to say cheers to Peaky for showing us his Skarosser yesterday afternoon. We are now on a mission to source the right unit that fits our needs and budget, but the decision wouldn't have been as easily made without the help of everyone on this forum.

Thanks for all the help so far, and I can't wait to write the post where I'm showing off my nice new camper!
Your Welcome Chris, as we discussed. You've got a bit of a challenge on so as you can ✔ all the boxes. They're not a bad bunch on here are they :D :D I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your rig soon ;) Just keep firing those questions at us ;)
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

zildjian
Site Admin

February 2nd, 2015, 8:51 pm

Chris did you see how its attached and what needs adding to the vehicle, its not so much although in your instance it might be helpful to indeed by a plug-n-play outfit with everything sorted. and they are out there

Peaky

February 2nd, 2015, 9:04 pm

zildjian wrote:Chris did you see how its attached and what needs adding to the vehicle, its not so much although in your instance it might be helpful to indeed by a plug-n-play outfit with everything sorted. and they are out there
I gave Chris the Full Monty tour so that he's aware of everything that either needs to be done to a new truck to him or what to look for when buying a complete rig. I'm glad to hear that I didn't Bore him to tears ;)
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

zildjian
Site Admin

February 2nd, 2015, 9:09 pm

Its a lot to take in though, I didn't get the half of it in an hour TBH.
but it was a long way off and I was (as usual) in a hurry,

driving with it though however was a breeze and I had a lovely drive home South through Shropshire countryside in the sunshine

cthodgson

February 2nd, 2015, 10:54 pm

I got the gist of everything, though I'm sure there will be more questions to come, and I was far from tears. Even at the thought of spending money :shock:

The plug and play idea is kind of what I'm hoping for, the reason I was drawn initially to the one in Drifiield on eBay, but after seeing Andy's outfit we have 100% ruled it out. No bed will be good enough until we have the full size double.

This is a great site, stickers will definitely be bought and I can't wait to bore you with pics and tales of adventure!

rubberrat

February 2nd, 2015, 11:14 pm

I have to say that the bed in the SKarosser is a nice place to be. Particularly that under bed radiator on a cold night in Scotland!
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

Peaky

February 2nd, 2015, 11:20 pm

rubberrat wrote:I have to say that the bed in the SKarosser is a nice place to be. Particularly that under bed radiator on a cold night in Scotland!
I can Second that Mark, we've added a memory foam topper & pillows & I just can't seem to drag myself out in the mornings :D
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

rubberrat

February 3rd, 2015, 11:16 am

It's not just us that enjoy winter camping now (the camper is as warm as the house) but the dog just loves the underfloor heating at the rear - which, as his basket is there - he gets under-bed heating too!
Its hard to get him up in the morning sometimes!

Must consider a topper - good call that.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

zildjian
Site Admin

February 3rd, 2015, 11:19 am

Those memory foam's are great,
Think I sleep better on that than at home actually