ADAC

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
TrueDink

ADAC

December 18th, 2014, 11:42 am

Is anyone a member of the ADAC or has been in the past? My European breakdown cover will be expiring soon and I'm looking for a better deal. The ADAC is around the same price but offers a much better package. My only concern is that its a German outfit and I'm not sure about the service I would receive in the UK.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

rubberrat

Re: ADAC

December 18th, 2014, 8:13 pm

I started researching this, ADAC is affiliated to/with the AA so that's who come out. The bad news seems to be that the AA have cottoned on to this and I think ADAC have stopped UK membership.
If anyone finds out anything to the contrary, I too wil go ADAC as the RACs quote this year was truly comedic.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

Landyman130

January 5th, 2015, 7:12 pm

I have been a member since June 2009. I have their 'Plus' membership, which covers myself and wife.

They are much cheaper than the AA and RAC. They provide a very good service throughout Europe, without having to pay more for European cover. The number of days in a trip is much longer than typical UK insurance cover.

I have heard of one UK member who abused their call-out service. He did not maintain his motorhome and was continually breaking down. ADAC eventually would not renew his membership.

I joined while in Germany at one of their shops. My Land Rover Assist (came with new vehicle) expired after a few years during a long trip.

UK renewing is done with a telephone call to Germany, by many on a motorhome list, quoting a credit card. Personally, if not in Germany, I renew by a letter that asks them to use my credit card. Renewal confirmation is not given by documentation, however an entry on my CC statement is adequate for me.

A monthly journal is received regularly - but in German not English!

rubberrat

January 26th, 2015, 8:51 pm

So.. I didn't take the ADAC route, it isn't impossible, but can take a little more effort than I was able to put in.

Anyway, the RAC, who I've been with for years were being rather unethical and crept up their prices, hoping no one would notice, and this years renewal figure was £182.33. So that was the end of them!

Quotes for two vehicles and two drivers, and the following were for ''like' cover.

AA as a new member. £141.99
Green flag. £120.00
Using a trick I've used in the past, join the caravan club (I've never owned a caravan!) and take their Mayday recovery..
£46 for CC plus £120.00 for recovery. Of course you get the relevant benefits of CC membership, the ability to park in neat rows and wear a tie on Sundays for instance. Total of £166.00
ADAC would have been around e100, best deal if you are overseas a lot (I might re check this again next year or join in Germany)

But the RAC in a desperate attempt to make me stay came up with a deal I'd never heard of......

RAC and Caravan & Camping Club membership,called 'Arrival Scheme' same recovery terms as before plus 'double recovery'. Which is where if you break down on the way to a site they will take you to your destination, nd then recover hone after your holiday (if you stay in one pace that is)
There seem to be lots of C&CC benefits, site discounts, ferries, airport parking discounts etc.. All for £119.99. So I'm happy with that.
If anyone decides to go for this, drop me a line first and quote my RAC membership number, apparently I'll get some M&S vouchers or something.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200