LED lights

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
richc

LED lights

November 30th, 2014, 10:49 pm

I guess most people have converted the lighting in the camper to LED. it was a last minute job for me so I nicked the LED's out of the fittings in the old camper.

What a difference to power consumption they make, due to being low on power some nights we could still keep the led lights on but if we switched the halogen on all went dark. They really are a worthwhile investment if you havn't done the swap and there is a led bulb available for most fittings now so no need to swap theem

Rich

rubberrat

Re: LED lights

November 30th, 2014, 11:37 pm

When I swapped all mine out (almost all, just remembered the bathroom light - a sort of screw in pygmy bulb) I've found the LED ones actually too bright!.

My secondary reason for changing was safety - I found my pillow touching one of the old halogen bulbs in the overcab and smelt burning :o
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

Robmac

Re: LED lights

December 1st, 2014, 5:23 pm

Yep. I've done all of mine inside. I've also done the Marker lights outside. This won't save on any battery obviously, but I am thinking of the longevity of the bulbs.

I believe that you can change all of your vehicle lights legally, except the headlights which have to be factory fitted apparently.