Mobile Service Engineer

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Peaky

Mobile Service Engineer

November 17th, 2014, 10:59 pm

I've got a mobile service engineer coming to give my Skarosser the once over on Wednesday afternoon.
He's a dometic approved guy, so he'll be removing the 3 way fridge for a check over & looking for any gas leaks, checking the alde heating system etc etc etc.
They've quoted me £195.00 all in. So time will tell & I'll report back on Wednesday evening folks ;) ;)

Here's the link to their website http://www.leisuretechservices.co.uk/
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

rubberrat

Re: Mobile Service Engineer

November 17th, 2014, 11:39 pm

Worthwhile...and the paperwork will add value come selling time
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

zildjian
Site Admin

November 18th, 2014, 11:15 am

I think I have the regional Alde engineer's number
did call him once and resolved a (simple) problem over the phone

should I dig this out?

TrueDink

November 18th, 2014, 11:46 am

This guy offers a similar service for anyone in the North East of England. He has done work on my vans in the past and is really good at his job.

http://www.dh2u.co.uk/index.htm
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

Peaky

November 19th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Well the guy eventually arrived a little late with a big beaming smile on his face & a personality to match.
He was mega impressed with the build quality of the Skarosser & only found a couple of minor details for the moment.

Firstly, he advised me to replace the burner jet for the dometic fridge. As it is starting to rust a little & would only be a matter of time before it needs to be done.

Second, he has advised me to replace the Swedish gas regulator & immediate pipework with a UK approved Truma system. Although there's nothing wrong with the Swedish setup, he said that if it ever failed while we were away, then it would be a nightmare to repair / replace.

I quizzed him about Solar power, to which he said that a 100watt system would easily be enough for wilding & would come in at approx £500 including installation & vat.
The Alde heating system is working a treat & he couldn't believe how quick the camper can become cosy warm !!!

This initial visit was for him to carry out the basic checks for any gas leaks & the emissions from the heating & the fridge.
Now that he's happy "I'd let my kids sleep in here anytime". We're now going to proceed with a full habitation inspection.
He's taken photos of all the important parts / serial number that may need to be changed at any given moment ( normally the 2nd day of a trip far away :( ).
And he's going to start a file with all my details, photos etc etc.

He's not asked for any money yet, due to a return trip being required. He didn't want to carry out all the work on this visit, as he's seen some dubious demountables in the past & didn't want to put his name to something in a dire condition.

So.......so far, so good, touch wood & all that !!!
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

zildjian
Site Admin

November 19th, 2014, 6:52 pm

Gas fittings, sorry I'd that like the regulator at the bottle?

Essentially that's the extent of my knowledge on such things

The Alde is internationally used anyway I thoughtand as I mentioned I've spoken to their UK fella anyway so that's all good