Lidl / Aldi watch

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
rubberrat

Lidl / Aldi watch

November 17th, 2014, 9:54 pm

Not watches from Lidl, but the German discounters do sometimes have some useful stuff for us camper types. If you're not a user, or prefer Waitrose, I can vouch for the quality of most of their stuff so usually worth a punt.

Anyway, this week they have some nice slim motion activated LED lights in a small silver casing. £7 a pair.

I use a pair of these, one standing on the work top at night facing the loo door. Lights the way if you need a midnight 'visit'' and don't want to wake your partner. The second one left on the rear steps on really dark sites to light them when you return.

Update this thread if you spot any useful bargain stuff at these places.

Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

rubberrat

Re: Lidl / Aldi watch

November 19th, 2014, 3:23 pm

Been waiting for this. As part of my (taking forever) camper carport build I'll build in a steel frame to take one of these winches so I can lift the Truckman top off/on easily on my own and place it on the trolley I described in the 'Trollied' thread.

Even with two pairs of hands lifting these tops off is a hassle, and they are the slipperiest things to get a grip on and mine has 'got away' when being taken off more than once.

500w lifts 125kg straight or 250kg with the supplied pulley. £49.99 and available this Monday 25th November. I'll be there early.

Peaky

November 19th, 2014, 8:36 pm

Just been to Lidl for some of those LED lights & they'd sold out :cry: So I got a Black Pudding & some Garlic Bread instead :lol: :lol:
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

zildjian
Site Admin

November 19th, 2014, 9:31 pm

How's the food?

also can you check out the mod tools I've been updating the permissions as they seemed all over the place,
let me know if anything not right please

Z

rubberrat

November 20th, 2014, 8:31 pm

Food is really rather good, but does take a while to get the hang of it.
Most of their odd brands are better than the usual branded items, but at half the price.

Even the 'Brancaster Set' (Norfolks Chelsea-on Sea) are seen there with their pink trousers and rented weekend labradors.

Peaky

November 20th, 2014, 9:07 pm

We mainly use Aldi, I say "we"........I mean Wifey :lol:
She reckons that she can save at least £40.00 on our weekly food shop. With having 2 almost 20yr old over 6ft boys who can clear out a fully stocked fridge in a weekend. Then the savings outweigh the main players not only by cost but also the quality of the food, even if it's an unknown foreign brand :!:
Some of their weekly deals are must haves with sometime ques for the store to open on the days that their weekly deals start.
They are getting a run for their money now though with Morrisons, who have promised to take them on.
That coupled with their new home delivery service has started to change our shopping habits, with it being spread between them all.
My wifey is a walking food price know it all. I'll pick something up from a shelf & promptly get told to put it down, it's cheaper at such a place :(

So, there you go. Give it a try, you'll be surprised at how many new cars are on the car park ;)
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

zildjian
Site Admin

November 20th, 2014, 9:39 pm

I was exclusively Waitrose but that was the nearness of store and the fact I'm too lazy to travel to shop,
next door is a 'Heron' which Is I understand like an Iceland/farmfoods type deal, and I buy the branded margarine and staples there now because that would be stupid not to.
You couldn't do a weekly shop there, and looking at the size & shape their target audience.... you probably shouldn't

Likewise ASBO next door (those poor staff in there) having to put up with gnawed food put back on the shelf after its had a chomp taken out of it
has a kind of 'Eastenders' could-kick-off-at-any-minute type vibe to it :oops:

rubberrat

November 20th, 2014, 9:43 pm

ASBO - Love it!

My experience pretty much mirrors Peakys

zildjian
Site Admin

November 20th, 2014, 9:46 pm

That came out wrong.

the shopping falls to me along with media expenses at home so I'm always counting pennies, and look at Aldi type places as I drive by,
When ASBO said they were opening here I eagerly anticipated a K-mart type deal,
bit B&Q
bit safeway
bit Halfrauds
what we got was quite different although it is open stupidly early so good for sandwiches & cake

zildjian
Site Admin

November 20th, 2014, 9:48 pm

rubberrat wrote:ASBO - Love it!

My experience pretty much mirrors Peakys
what shall I tell MAD then?