Lidl / Aldi watch

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
FinAde

Re: Lidl / Aldi watch

November 23rd, 2014, 11:59 pm

I'm a keen Aldi & Lidl shopper - in that order, I find Lidl more expensive than Aldi. They both seem to have similar 'specials' at the same time but Aldi is usually a quid cheaper for the same thing.

However - our local Lidl still has plenty of the motion sensor LED lights, if anyone wants, let us know - they're £6.99 each, happy to buy and send out if anyone is interested. Was thinking of buying a load to send out but don't want to end up with tons of lights no-one needs... :)
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

rubberrat

November 24th, 2014, 10:15 am

Thats kind of you.
I'm sorted, but these are one of those items that you don't know you need until you try them - the 'pointing at the loo' light works well for us as we have a snoring springer that usually manages to get itself in front of the loo door. Without the sensor light clicking on the main roof light would go on waking the slumbering partner.

I always thought Lidl & Aldi were price matched? We are getting an Aldi in the new year, but how a small market town will support both of the discounters as well as the established Tesco and Morrisons beats me though.

Anyway, even if you can't get everything in the German stores, I prefer the quality over the usual places. (except Waitrose M&S - but they are out of our budget for general shopping now we don't have 'real' jobs anymore)

Anyway, off to get that winch today - that will make life easier removing the hard top. Back up, lift off, lower onto trolley and wheel away into a corner.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

richc

November 30th, 2014, 9:42 pm

Lidl and Aldi specials can be a bit of a curates egg

They often have multi-adapters for 12 volt sockets, often with USB. But if you read the spec, then the USB only puts out the standard 500ma, for most modern phones, tablets and e-readers they need 2000ma so these things look good but are not up to spec and will only cause you grief

Saying that I bought 2 stove pipe thermometers for our woodburners - £2.99 each, the same thing in Lisas 'country living' magazine was £18 and I mean the same thing, the only difference was the branding

As for the food, well air dried ham has gone from a treat to a staple in our household, we do most of our shopping in aldi and only have to pick up things like whole wheat spaghetti in the coop or sainsburys. We do buy a fair bit of meat from the local butcher but economising in other areas allows us to do that , but it is economy not doing without in fact we probably eat better. Lisa does keep a pricebook too so we can pricecheck.

We also have a great market in leicester for fresh foods so lisa shops there as she works in the city centre

Rich