Curious

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Curious

November 1st, 2014, 9:50 pm

Mine fits very closely above the cab and I suspect this is no bad thing in fuel economy terms,
the only time I actually noticed a dip in performance was when I tried a roofbox for good measure, it was a freebie and I hoped to keep chairs etc in it out of the way,

anyway I certainly noticed the extra drag, odd really considering the already increased frontal area involved with camper alone.

TrueDink

November 2nd, 2014, 11:39 am

Everyone I spoke to suggested I take the roof bars off. I didn't want to as the bars make the Navara unique and I like the look of them when the camper's not mounted which is a lot more than it mounted.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

zildjian
Site Admin

November 2nd, 2014, 12:38 pm

I did wonder about some for mine but wondered at their usefulness in reality,
still doesn't help me move a ladder/timber well,

which is something I need to now and again

Mike

November 2nd, 2014, 5:34 pm

On the Air Bag airline front mine is situated in the rear passenger area next to the seat, screwed to the floor, so easy to get the portable air compressor plugged into the cigarette lighter in the front dash.
Also keeps it clean. I thought long and hard but this seemed to me a good place. Will try to get a pic up.
2008 Ford Ranger 3.0 Wildtrack
Nomad ( Ranger ) Demountable

zildjian
Site Admin

November 2nd, 2014, 10:38 pm

Inside is where I'd put one as well clean, to hand, much better idea I would think, and in any case thats where my system is all installed anyway (beneath rear seat)
also I only have the one, many of you fitted the bags individually which is what is recommended,
but by trial and error I currently have them in parallel as it seems to make little difference to the cornering.

might reconsider this if opinion sways me enough to swap lines around again

TrueDink

November 3rd, 2014, 11:01 am

zildjian wrote:Inside is where I'd put one as well clean, to hand, much better idea I would think, and in any case thats where my system is all installed anyway (beneath rear seat)
also I only have the one, many of you fitted the bags individually which is what is recommended,
but by trial and error I currently have them in parallel as it seems to make little difference to the cornering.

might reconsider this if opinion sways me enough to swap lines around again
Mike wrote:On the Air Bag airline front mine is situated in the rear passenger area next to the seat, screwed to the floor, so easy to get the portable air compressor plugged into the cigarette lighter in the front dash.
Also keeps it clean. I thought long and hard but this seemed to me a good place. Will try to get a pic up.
So Zildjian if your system and Mike and Peaky your valves are in the cab where do your air lines run?
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

zildjian
Site Admin

November 3rd, 2014, 7:13 pm

Compressor»5 gallon air tank»regulator»airbags+ gauge
Then
Solenoid controlled valve (deflate bags)

As I said, too much time on my hands somehow

rubberrat

November 3rd, 2014, 7:30 pm

Mine are just behind the rear mudflap. I would have run them inside beside the drivers seat but I was I a hurry as I needed the camper the next day.
I have about 150 200mm above the cab. Just discovered the chars will go on the roof bars! Usually have my surfboard there.. Anyone flogging their navara bars el cheapo?
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

zildjian
Site Admin

November 3rd, 2014, 8:10 pm

As we are on this subject,
what about running about without camper on,
how many of you maintain a few PSI (as recommended by manufacturers)

I would imagine in normal road use it wouldn't make much odds, I think they are concerned about mild off road use where the bags might get twisted about a little,
and without air they wouldn't react properly

Peaky

November 3rd, 2014, 8:15 pm

You need to run the airbags with approx. 6-8 psi in them so as to stop them from splitting whilst going over small bumps, sleep policemen etc.
My piping comes in through the rear of the cab which is where the valves are situated. I just use a 12v compressor to inflate them as a pair. But they can be inflated individually if I wanted to.
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0