Members of the "other" forum

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Eurosully

Members of the "other" forum

October 24th, 2014, 3:08 pm

OK, so I have just spent a while PMing every single member of the old forum, to encourage them to take a look at this, "The New Group". My fingers are now numb 'cos of all the cut and pasting. :(

Anyhow, at a couple of points the site insisted I "login" to PM, but was already logged in and after much messing I managed only to be blocked out.....maybe it didn't like me sending 120 PM's..... :ugeek:

So, I managed all but two members, the last two on the list.

sjnovis and allemagne

If anyone else wants to login and PM them, that would be the end of it.

Also, if anyone has received a PM from me, sorry, it was easier to send to everyone than filter people out and....don't reply 'cos I can't now get on the site!!!

As there is now zero traffic on the site, I'm not sure I want to mess around resetting my details either.....

Phew....another coffee I think.... :P

keeflester

Re: Members of the "other" forum

October 24th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Not sure I agree with un-focussed and aimless recruitment circulars. I responded to your pm on the other site, but since you have also posted here I'll repeat what I said there. Embarrassing to be sending a circular out recruiting members of another forum, especially when most of us, including myself, have already joined here. :oops:
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

Eurosully

October 24th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Not sure I agree. I didn''t encourage people to leave the other site, just made them aware of a second. There has been much talk about joining all sorts of other related forums and then "raising awareness" of this one, given the other site has 122 members and this around 30, maybe they are not aware of it.

Also, given the lack of activity on the other site, there seems to be zero engagement, not sure why, but having an opportunity to contribute to numerous forums can only be a good thing. No embarrassment....

We'll see what happens, either people will look in on this site or not, but if a couple follow the link and join in it's surely a good thing?

zildjian
Site Admin

October 24th, 2014, 4:13 pm

Expect in time we would likely have picked some of them up again, from what I recall of the members list there were an awful lot of people visited/joined but never actually added anything but their name
which in revenue (limited) terms looks good but in as far as content goes, doesn't add an awful lot.
can think of a handful on here posted way more than they ever did over there

and that includes;

don't do yourselves down

all your efforts and posts are appreciated

keeflester

October 24th, 2014, 4:14 pm

ok Andy, we'll need to agree not to share the same opinion about this without falling out over it. Personally, I think the other site is already dead and you will be flogging a dead horse. It feels a bit unethical to be kicking at a corpse and seeing what's left to pick at. YMMV
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

mjb666

October 24th, 2014, 8:22 pm

I have just tried to pm Andy on the old site having received an alert via my Hotmail account before signing in here but as i went to send it , it just disappeared. I have deleted the old site as a Favourite which just leaves the New site with its main contributors.

I have posted some comments now but never before as i like the feel of this group, long may it continue. I still reckon that there isnt many more than a 100 Demountable owners in the UK and a lot of them are not interested in being part of a group and prefer being Individual.
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

zildjian
Site Admin

October 24th, 2014, 9:04 pm

Would be of great interest to know the actual number but I think you may well be right on the go-it-alone aspect

where I'd say it was likely those 100 or so people don't really want to contribute right now, it evidently doesn't stop some of them watching our ebay thread for whatever reason.

for comparison you might look at http://www.fifthwheelownersclub.com/For ... erlist.php
now they have hundreds of members hardly any of which contribute but has quite a lot of lurkers watching it all the time

rubberrat

October 27th, 2014, 2:30 pm

On my journey from North Norfolk to Cornwall on Sat/Sun I saw around fifteen 5th wheel outfits, all parked up in farmers yards, storage facilities etc, none actually on the road. Saw only one demountable over the whole 400 miles.
The roads were full of motorhomes (I didn't count properly, but saw over 300 in total)

So I guess the 5th wheel things are used in conjunction with a sporting activity (Horses, motorsport etc) and not for leisure. Hence large ownership, but low usage and therefore a less enthusiastic owners forum, unless they need advice on sourcing some obscure part.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200