Another Dacia pickup

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
richc

Re: Another Dacia pickup

October 15th, 2014, 9:36 pm

Actually I think it was Zildjian who upset him not you ratty !

Maybe I'll try PMing him and see if we can tempt him back , his rig does look nice with the black pickup and white apollo

I was an early Kia adopter - now all the range and mainstream, I had one of the 2l sportages, great car, full leather (although put me off leather seats for life) and all the bits. Got laughed at when I took it around the off road course at a landrover show followed by people showing a little more respect when it made it around without recover unlike some of the land rovers

This guy seems to sell hilux's at somwhere near reasonable prices from what I've seen http://www.robinward4x4.co.uk/, I like the idea of the hilux as they are the dominant pickup brand but I also love the Isuzus, my old pickup with that 3.1 was fantastic and did better mpg than the l200

Rich

zildjian
Site Admin

October 15th, 2014, 9:45 pm

Damm cheek

rubberrat

October 15th, 2014, 11:04 pm

I bought a Kia Sorento for one of my clients. She could afford anything (and I do mean absolutely anything) but she didn't want to be 'showy', so she picked the Sorento. I did the deal and drove it back... and it was actually rather good. So I would never knock one.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

rubberrat

February 27th, 2015, 5:50 pm

Zombie Thread Alert!

Anyone know anyone who has bought a Dacia in the UK? With their own cash.

Friend out here wants a reliable low tech high ground clearance motor that won't be killed by Greek roads, and if it is, is cheap to fix.

He's looking a a Duster, which looks the part and I understand is made of old Renault bits from the back of the factory.
Greek car tax is making his Mazda 4x4 (rebadged Ford maverick rebadge) unaffordable - road tax is over E660! Plus other taxes taking the cost to over E2k a year before you turn the key.

Sounds ideal. Bear in mind my lomg term rentacar out here is a Skoda.... And I actually chose it from the row of Toyotas and Alfas available at Avis. It's quite nice in an ordinary way.

rubberrat

February 27th, 2015, 5:52 pm

zildjian wrote:Damm cheek

...and while we are digging up an ancient thread... I forgot to agree that it woz him wot dun it. :D

zildjian
Site Admin

February 27th, 2015, 6:32 pm

No, &....No
AFA Dacia go, we followed the advice on their initial TV campaign of a couple of years back and emailed local sales for a test drive and still waiting on that phone call,
Subsequently been informed by a native of that nation that the locals wouldn't give up their donkey and/or cart for one.

derestrictor

February 27th, 2015, 9:06 pm

We knew someone with an 'original' duster, but that was a long time ago and quite different from this generation,
they were (I reckon) made from Renault spare bits as an AFRI-car once

rubberrat

February 28th, 2015, 7:45 am

So that's an 'avoid' then? By natives, you mean Romania? Les French seemed to luurve them.

So, what else has enough ground clearance to get down a rutted goat track (the one we took down the mountain last night, in the dark, after the heaviest rain in a year was.....spectacular) and can be fixed by Costas in the village garage?