Trollied

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
rubberrat

Trollied

October 11th, 2014, 9:17 pm

So, despite my drive being part of my ongoing building site, i'm looking ahead here. ..
When I eventually get my carport built, I don't want the thing to be three and a half metres high (Height of my rig plus extra half metre for he slope away from the side wall of the house.) So my plan was to drop the demountable off on the apron in front of the gates, then lower it onto a trolley and push it back under cover. (now only need two and a half metres height)
Also... I will park it right at the back of the cover, but may need to shift it a bit to get bigger things around the back of the house. This is a right royal pain if I have the rear cover and tailgate on the truck, an hours faff to move the thing two feet...

So, one ebay purchase later... sorted. Seems to work OK, although until I get the block paving in it's had to push by hand on the rough sub-surface I put down. There is a loop on the end of the handle that drops over the tow ball on my truck though. (I'm regretting selling my lawn tractor now!)

If all else fails, I can reinvent myself as a barrow-boy..

Part lower the camper and slide the trolley under.

Drop the camper onto the trolley, raise the legs a couple on inches off the ground (keep them down 'just in case' and now its moveable.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

richc

Re: Trollied

October 12th, 2014, 9:18 am

Excellent - exactly what I want to do for my new garage, although its gaining the nickname of the hanger - it's only going to be 6 metres by 9

How much did you get the trolley for ?

Rich

rubberrat

October 12th, 2014, 10:21 am

£80 pretty lucky buy and only 40 miles away. New ones around £350 -£400!
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

zildjian
Site Admin

October 12th, 2014, 11:58 am

Does it come ready stocked with rank fruit & veg,
We have some of that fake grass, we bought it to fool the dog into messing on it rather than elsewhere in the house, its only a bit used and your welcome to buy it off us cheaply

(I was going to add it to the for sale section but if you want you can have it) :D