Encouraging search engine results

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
zildjian
Site Admin

Encouraging search engine results

September 29th, 2014, 9:05 pm

And this evening I noticed at least Two of your entries featuring high up in google results
this is good news, and puts us up there roughly where we were on old site! well done all of us keep on posting,

also while I think of it, we have some flyers/cards printed up and laminated (some of them)
ready to go under windscreen wipers on any demountables you can find

PM/mail me with your address for a handful

thank you people :mrgreen:

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Encouraging search engine results

October 5th, 2014, 7:16 pm

We are constantly on the lookout for new members,
and while we wait for the vagaries of the search engines to decide we are the one-stop demountable site we are trawling the net for;
comments on them, people that already own them, and prospective buyers, this we do by word/image search/social media and in my case any number of alerts I use to funnel such results as they happen
Rich C for example was surprised to find me replying to post he had made elsewhere on a Mitsubishi forum

now we need some suggestions please!
I've the people most frequently asking about our camper for example are typically; tent dwellers,
almost always after a wet windy & cold night, and the conversation normally mentions
number of layers added/worn overnight,
unhappy children, cold ground & "quite fancy one of those instead next"

So where would I find these people, how do I contact them?

Next year I'd like all our members to get a handful of cards to keep in camper to hand out

rubberrat

October 5th, 2014, 8:26 pm

Maybe lurking /poaching on ukcampsite.co.uk would work. When we ran a campsite some years ago this was the primary source of searches for us.
Lots of tentists there who might make the leap. Some of the guys who run smaller panel van conversion type motor homes may be interested.
An other good source of potential demountable buyers would be current pickup owners - I've always maintained that demountables are not the best thing since sliced bread, but brilliant if you already have or need a pickup in your life.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

zildjian
Site Admin

October 5th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Hmm might be worth a pass at a couple of the owners clubs, I know the Nissan people had me and at least one other owner with a camper, and we are only talking six or eight

well there's always 'great wall' /snigger

rubberrat

October 5th, 2014, 9:10 pm

Last time we discussed the Great Wall fingers were burnt :?

mjb666

October 5th, 2014, 9:23 pm

I remember reading that thread, he was most indignant when people dared to pass comment on his choice of pick-up, each to his own. I owned my Isuzu 2.5TD for eleven years & 150k relatively trouble free miles and originally wanted to get a Demountable for it but sold it and went for my current budget try it & see set up.

Did the great wall owner step over & join us here on the slightly edgy " Dark side " ?
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

zildjian
Site Admin

October 5th, 2014, 9:31 pm

I don't see anything untoward in Isuzu ownership, we ran one for years as well very well screwed-together would have another one certainly,
No He never showed up, and anyway what are you implying by 'edgey' my good man :D

(was funny all the same)

rubberrat

October 5th, 2014, 9:42 pm

My Chevy is a badge engineered Isuzu, Holden do the same thing. It's a bit agricultural, but you get what you pay for... It was very cheap for this kind of truck, very simple mechanics and electrics and seems bulletproof. I'd have another tomorrow if I kill this one.
There are other things I would prefer, but the cost outweighs the usefulness for me. (I should join Keith as an honorary Scot!)
I'd have one of those funny Great Wall things if it was offered dirt cheap - i'm not fussy, I just run everything through a Price/Value/Future depreciation filter.

I'd honestly like a Land Rover 130 HiCap, but at a fixed budget, it would be twice the age of my truck, twice the miles, half the condition and uncomfortable to boot. But I like them (Image etc), just can't justify one.

We like edgy here, we might start a thread on dangerous automotive fueling practices just for sport. ;)

mjb666

October 5th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Edgey or Edgy, i'm not sure of the spelling, so Sorry but you got the idea, an individual bunch of owners, is that better?

I'm not the most prolific poster but really do enjoy the banter and all the good ideas and fixes/repairs, there really is a wealth of knowledge on here waiting to be shared and lots of opinions waiting to be aired, no gereral chat area yet on Forum but they won't for fear of being expelled for being too opiniated.

I got into the Demountable area of travelling/camping because i had a pick-up and i thought the hook it up quickly and get away idea was great. I do think that this is an area for new members/owners but with people only having a choice of Niche and Apollo, now Ranger have gone, for new/secondhand and the initial cost being so high, it will always be a limited market of owners.

All year round trips? I go to Wiltshire and fish the Kennet and Avon canal in the winter for a long weekend, sort of counts.
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable