Re: its ready.......

September 26th, 2014, 7:27 pm

Mission accomplished,camper collected , packed and we are leaving soon,

camera packed - you won't seem the on faceache though - don't do that

rich

Peaky

September 26th, 2014, 7:46 pm

I'm guessing everything is to your approval & it now looks better than when you bought it ??? :)
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

richc

September 27th, 2014, 8:12 am

My first view of the camper body was yesterday, there are some previous owner mods to undo like the laminate floor which just adds weight

Also had fun getting it on as the legs are too short for my pickup which has a 4 inch lift on it so gonna have to put some thought into it although there is some adjustment in the legs

Do not like how its mounted but I'll start a new thread on that in a few days

Needs new reg as gas was leaking from it , fixed with ptfe tape but not a long term solution

More storage than I expected, took us 20 minutes to work out where the handle was for the trap on the loo, and 10 minutes to get into the fridge cos we couldn't work out the travel lock but all sorted

So its been a long day, we throw the basics in the truck and head to straford an hour away. Get half way there, and I suddenly let out a howl. I could have forgotten anything else and it wouldn't have mattered, but for a bloke whos spent 4 months in hospital this year, my meds I couldn't do without , and they were still in the kitchen at home. So we had to turn around so are going as day visitors this year. What a bozo I am

Rich

rubberrat

September 27th, 2014, 8:11 pm

What a pain! You are still our chief representative so get those new members signed up.
Bit if a baptism of fire for you, know what you mean about the ' Release the Balls' lever on the loo, that is the work of a disgruntled ergonomics employee at Thetford.
Good luck with your second attempt at getting to the show.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

zildjian
Site Admin

September 28th, 2014, 8:18 am

richc wrote: ........but for a bloke who's spent 4 months in hospital this year, my meds I couldn't do without , and they were still in the kitchen at home. So we had to turn around so are going as day visitors this year. What a bozo I am

Rich
You and I both this year, I sat through a speed awareness course on the Friday (35 in a 30MPH) the rooms air conditioning was running full pelt for some reason and couldn't be controlled
brought on a migraine until bed time Saturday

A shame after you planned to stop over as well, will you fit in a trip later this year?

the weather is still good after all
Zildjian

richc

September 28th, 2014, 8:28 am

Ah hence the no anwer mobile phoneie then , you have my sympathy as Lis gets bad migranes, we are just off to the show again (had to come back fpr friends 50th party) and taking camper today for the hell of it

Photos to follow

Rich

zildjian
Site Admin

September 28th, 2014, 8:46 am

take plenty,

mail them to me after and i'll put them up :mrgreen:

richc

September 28th, 2014, 7:48 pm

OK I win Bozo of the day ward twice in 3 days !

Got to the show with the pickup & camper, talked our way thru to the silk road group stand by arguing that the marshalls watch was wrong and its only 9:55 (no vehicles movements after 10 till till show closes)

Friends gather round for the grand unveiling, and at that point I realise I have left all the keys for the demountable at home

So people end up borrowing a step and peering thru the windows and we had to bum teas all day.

Oh well, still a successful weekend.

Rich

Peaky

September 28th, 2014, 7:58 pm

Richie,

You really need to learn the "7 P's"................

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents P!$$ Poor Performance :lol: :lol: :lol:
2013 Nissan Navara Tekna

2008 Skarosser Nordstar Polar 4.0

zildjian
Site Admin

September 28th, 2014, 8:05 pm

We have a year until their show next year that should be ample time to get our stuff together,
for the record it would be great to take at least a couple one off, one on, maybe a third dropped down low
so its clear what's possible,

for the record I'm unsure how to get into a locked unit, I think I could let myself into an unloaded unit OK

(keep it a secret though eh)