Diesel hob - has anyone any experience of them?

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
kernowjon

Diesel hob - has anyone any experience of them?

November 28th, 2021, 5:41 pm

Has any one used, fitted or know anyone who has experience of one.
I am seriously considering fitting one - in the SunTrekker we have 2 of the smallest propane bottles, in a barely legal/ safe locker. With a diesel heater I could use a small 5 litre Jerry can on a rack bolted to a rear panel. Less weight and we have gained a locker - that is wins numbers ONE and TWO. Win number THREE is out goes the Propex heater - yet more locker space or weight saving Win FOUR I think diesel use is cheaper than gas and diesel is far easier to source - last summer I took 2 days searching for small propane cylinders and used a lot of time and fuel. - a problem of living in Cornwall ;)
The downside- there has to be one ;) is initial cost the Chinese one on Aliba is £650 with delivery as against nearly £1389 for the Espar Combo - which I can get from 55 miles away in Plymouth and it looks identical. I have now found a Chinese one in the UK £650 plus delivery so I am at the, "do I / don't I" point.
So any experience will help.
Jon

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Diesel hob - has anyone any experience of them?

December 1st, 2021, 8:59 pm

Must admit I don't know about them, frankly I'd no idea they existed actually

kernowjon

Re: Diesel hob - has anyone any experience of them?

December 3rd, 2021, 12:21 pm

I've taken the plunge, I will now be selling off a vitually unused Propex HS2000 and a SMEV9722 combi hob and sink.
Fitting probably in January
This is a link to the Alibaba page showing the heater/hob
http://www.jp-parkingheater.com/show-product.php?id=75

Jon