Insurance - any ideas welcome

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
FinAde

Insurance - any ideas welcome

September 23rd, 2014, 2:55 pm

Ok I'm starting to panic a little bit. I'm struggling to get insurance.

On Friday I am part exchanging my car for a pickup truck which will eventually replace the L200 too to save money and reduce the collection of vehicles we have. Problem is, I am struggling to get insurance for it and the camper because I will be using the truck (minus camper) for business travel. I'm an accountant and visit clients on a regular basis.
My current insurer (IAM Surety) aren't even very happy to cover me for the truck on its own (I didn't even ask them about the camper).
Campton have the same problem. If I was just commuting to one office and using the truck for personal use otherwise, it wouldn't be a problem. I asked if they'd insure just the demountable without the truck, and the answer was no - it has to be insured as a 'motorhome unit' with the truck. Therefore they are assuming I'll be taking the camper to clients with me... :lol:

Although I just found this article http://www.wiltshire.eu.com/demountable ... l#agencies

As it's 'off the road' undergoing repairs at the moment, I guess I'll not bother for now.
:? :? :? :?
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Insurance - any ideas welcome

September 23rd, 2014, 3:09 pm

In the FAQ's,
call Campton they insure a few of us here,

http://www.campton.co.uk/

Mines insured attached or not, on holiday or not, I've had a claim (my stoopid mistake)
Rich C has a repair taking place as we speak he picked up on Day one of ownership
join us.....

FinAde

September 23rd, 2014, 3:19 pm

Originally Campton weren't too sure if they'd be able to cover due to my type of business use of a the vehicle. But they said yes :D
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

zildjian
Site Admin

September 23rd, 2014, 3:30 pm

TBH you don't sound the sort of person get's fired from a canon or something,
So they probably misheard your occupation and it came out like 'daredevil' or something

Glad your covered all the same

FinAde

September 23rd, 2014, 4:14 pm

I didn't realise being an accountant :geek: would cause such a problem getting insurance. I might just go for trapeze artist training and see if it makes a difference... :twisted:
Tischer 230
VW Amarok

rubberrat

September 23rd, 2014, 8:37 pm

We too had problems with business use, which I found odd as most people with pickups don't tend to use them just to go to church on Sundays. My current profession is a bit odd, but the nearest we have ever managed to get to a description is 'estate manager'. Campton said no to that.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

TrueDink

September 23rd, 2014, 11:34 pm

There was a few quires by Campton about how I would use my truck for business but after I answered all their questions they said yes. Incidentally my insurance through Campton with all the computations offered was cheaper than my renewal for the truck alone. :o
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0