Elon Musk Cybertruck (and now spaceship)

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
zildjian
Site Admin

Elon Musk Cybertruck (and now spaceship)

November 22nd, 2019, 7:49 pm

Inventor Elon Musk; another hapless launch this week,
the 'Cybertruck' latest edition to his Tesla stable failed miserably on stage before audience,

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/oh-my ... ibly-wrong

"Normal glass shatters immediately," Musk said as his assistants, dressed like characters from The Matrix, dropped a metal ball on conventional glass, causing it to shatter.

see......
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

On a plus note (I think) there's a camper variant planned

https://newatlas.com/automotive/musk-gi ... la-camper/

Imageupload image free

TheWalshyWay

Re: Elon Musk Cybertruck (and now spaceship)

November 24th, 2019, 10:49 am

On the plus side the "Truck" is rated at 1.5 ton, however I don't reckon my older Ranger Demountable would match aesthetically at all at all :D

derestrictor

November 26th, 2019, 11:33 am

Advanced orders for this vehicle not sure i would want to one somehow :oops:

zildjian
Site Admin

November 28th, 2019, 7:51 pm

"Tesla wasn't the only company to reveal an electrified pickup truck in November. California startup Neuron EV revealed its own vision of the near-future e-pickup, and it feels like a truck that'll be much more palatable to the general public "

https://newatlas.com/automotive/neuron- ... kup-truck/

GlynG

November 30th, 2019, 11:29 am

I'm buying one for certain and plan to build a DIY truck camper to go on the back to live in full time in years to come.

Embarrassment of the windows breaking aside (will get fixed by the time it comes to market) there are lots of pluses to it:
500 mile range for the top model (less loaded obviously).
Tough and secure (hard to break into, built in security cameras).
Will never rust.
3,500 payload and 14,000lb towing.
Excellent off-road specs - 16" clearance, etc.
Designed to last for one million miles.
220 and 110 outlets in the bed to connect to a camper and the vehicle's 200ish KWH battery pack could power camper heating/AC, cooking and electronics for weeks.
Low maintenance and running costs and option for inbuilt solar panels to generate some range for free on the go.
When full self driving takes off in years to come then when I have a good parking space for my camper I can send the truck off to be a self-driving robotaxi and earn good money for me.

It looks odd with angular exoskeleton because it's built by folding up a large sheet of thick stainless and welding it together. This unconventional production method makes it way quicker and cheaper to make and (combined with Tesla's considerable lead in EV battery tech) means rival manufacturers won't be able to compete in terms of specs and price. Also the triangular structural exoskeleton is what gives the vehicle it's unusually high payload and towing for a truck the size of a F150 - it's very much done for practical reasons, not Elon making an odd looking truck for the sake of it.

zildjian
Site Admin

November 30th, 2019, 12:05 pm

A departure from the conventional design certainly and definitely polarises truck owners doesn't it, though advanced sales figures indicate a ready market for something new so expect to see them on the roads in the future.

Think the launch could have been rehearsed and gone better, in other demo 'tug of war' video

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

its pitched against Ford F-150 and drags that down the road, though with its AWD against Ford's 2WD that's maybe not surprising,
it would probably do the same against a 350 actually!
I follow Elon's products but he's often a rich source interest, Like to hear how you get along with yours all the same

thanks for comments, interesting