Suntrekker 2 'Blank Canvas' Project

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
landymansam

Suntrekker 2 'Blank Canvas' Project

August 28th, 2019, 9:07 pm

(REPOSTED HERE from the projects section as it seems a little more lively here!)

Hello all!

So I have recently been offered the chance to purchase a Suntrekker 2 camper, which I intend to put on the back of my Land Rover 127 (130) which I've just finished rebuilding and converting to Cummins turbodiesel power.

The Suntrekker itself has been almost entirely stripped out - almost no internal fittings save for the sink and stove. So really a blank canvas. The windows have been removed since the pic below too.

I have a decent idea about how it will fit on the back of the truck thanks to SolidWorks...

Due to Land Rovers having a much taller cab than the P100(?) that this was originally fitted on, it needs around a 10" platform under it to clear the roof. This is both a good and bad thing... good = lots of space for a drawer system, water tank etc underneath and lockers along the sides; BUT higher centre of gravity and a pretty tall vehicle overall. I think it'll be just over 3m tall when all's said and done :lol:

So that's the plan so far... Does anyone have any experience fitting one of these fibreglass shelled units out? I'm just thinking fitting stuff like cabinets, interior panelling etc is going to be tricky without being able to screw/bolt onto the structure!! Any ideas here? :?:

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Suntrekker 2 'Blank Canvas' Project

August 28th, 2019, 9:20 pm

We had a member doing something similar but to a Doka I'll see if I can find him it was looking quite good last we saw

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Suntrekker 2 'Blank Canvas' Project

August 31st, 2019, 9:07 pm

Got it, this one in Bakewell on Doka
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=485&hilit=suntrekker