SunTrekker steps

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
kernowjon

SunTrekker steps

April 7th, 2019, 7:39 pm

Back home with our (new to us) Suntrekker See post 25393 on the demountables for sale board )

The full story is the first owner bought the bare shell from Island Plastics and to suit his own layout there are no windows on the nearside and the front window (the one that tends to leak), was never opened up. We also have a toilet / wetroom at the door end of the van complete with an ingenious shower.

Now to the purpose of the post at present the Suntrekker has a pretty inefficient step on the towbar - at our age (I am 71 this year Sandra is 4 years older than me) it is a bit of effort to get in and out - I have seen some references to folding steps - so what do people use and where can we buy them?

Jon

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: SunTrekker steps

April 7th, 2019, 8:15 pm

I've added the sales picture so they can see your camper,
now, your choices are;
A; buy scissor steps from Torklift or an importer here in UK...

but they cost hundreds, aren't great & unless bolted on tend to go missing!

B; modify domestic kitchen steps, see here how its done
commonly available (some DIY skills required)

C; Combination of caravan ground step then fixed retractable step beneath rear door of camper giving you two steps height

smithysmoo

April 8th, 2019, 8:22 am

You got to that camper before I could see it haha....I'd already missed it once from the owners who had it before.. Maybe it will be 3rd time lucky when you no longer need it.

Seemed like a good honest camper let me know if you ever think of selling in the future.

Cheers

Jonathan

kernowjon

April 8th, 2019, 4:13 pm

smithysmoo wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 8:22 am
You got to that camper before I could see it haha....I'd already missed it once from the owners who had it before.. Maybe it will be 3rd time lucky when you no longer need it.

Seemed like a good honest camper let me know if you ever think of selling in the future.

Cheers

Jonathan
I think you will be waiting a long time ;) The guy you missed buying it from fitted it out from a bare shell - excellent workmanship the only thing I can fault are the electrics. Turn of the century solution Inverter and lots of 240v I will be changing that to Solar panel, compressor fridge and LED lights.
Jon

zildjian
Site Admin

April 8th, 2019, 6:46 pm

Be patient :D
Suntrekker's come up for sale fairly often and probably a tribute to the fact they've not been manufactured in decade or so.

mjb666

April 8th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Hi Jonathan

A slightly belated Welcome to the Forum from me. Is it just a Suntrekker that you want & do you already own a single cab pick up?

Mike
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

TheWalshyWay

April 9th, 2019, 6:04 pm

I'll be selling my Suntrekker when I get around to it :? as I now have a Ranger Demountable . All in working order, 120w solar, 110ah battery. 12v/ Gas Fridge, 3burner gas hob, grill, 12v cold water feed, LED lighting . 12v sockets/ USB. 220v hookup. Custom racks for Sailboards/ Kayaks etc

In Dublin but Ryanair pretty cheap and if serious I could pickup/ drop-off at the Airport
Price as per my wife's instructions is €5000.

Images below in link , last two images are not my Suntrekker I lifted them for their measurements !

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QCYG5i8gdQAqubrn8

B.

smithysmoo

May 1st, 2019, 10:12 am

Mike was mainly looking for a suntrekker due to the compact size on the base vehicle and lightweightness of them. Yes I'll be patient.

B. Your looks good do you have any info on the pickup. Service history etc??

Thanks

mjb666

May 1st, 2019, 9:37 pm

Hi Jonathan

I don't think B is selling his Ford Ranger pick up truck, he's bought a Ranger De-mountable and has fitted it to the Ford Ranger truck or that's how i read his 'For Sale' thread,so Suntrekker Only for sale?

Mike
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable