zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Fitting a Suntrekker to a Mk 8 Hilux

April 26th, 2019, 9:47 pm

Can't decide if I know that camper or not

Amanda_P

April 27th, 2019, 12:26 pm

I remember seeing a Hilux with a Suntrekker shell on it near Peterborough; it must have been about 1993 or 94. It had a roller shutter door at the back, so presumably fitted out for freight. I didn't get a chance to see where its legs hooked on.

kernowjon

April 27th, 2019, 1:51 pm

Amanda_P wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 12:26 pm
I remember seeing a Hilux with a Suntrekker shell on it near Peterborough; it must have been about 1993 or 94. It had a roller shutter door at the back, so presumably fitted out for freight. I didn't get a chance to see where its legs hooked on.
Not the same one Amanda - this was bought as a shell from IP and fitted out for 2 people long term wild camping - on the inside along the blank side (where one of your bunk / side settee is) there is a quite spacious Kitchen area at the rear (where your galley is) there is a wet room shower and space for the loo - on the other side ( where the kitchen is), there is a window and an L shaped seating area.
DSC_9270 reduced.JPG
DSC_9274 adjusted.JPG
Excuse the untidyness of the interior - and please no one tell my Sandra that I posted the picture. she would kill me for showing the interior not looking spick and span :roll:
BTW IP ? Romahome did do a freight carrier version of the smaller demountable for the small jap pickups Acti Carry etc - rare as hen's teeth.
Jon

kernowjon

May 15th, 2019, 10:34 pm

I went to B&Q today 15th May to get a sheet of Jablite - they do not have any and do not know when they will any as there has been a fire at the factory that manufactures Jablite.
So we went to Jewsons and bought an 8x4 sheet of 50mm RECTICEL a Eurothane material compression is 150Kpsa which equates to 21.75 pound per square inch. or for a 90 inch long 48 inch wide sheet over 800cwt - 40 tons. Well in excess of the weight of the Suntrekker even fully loaded.
Friday we will find out if the electric jacks work - a day for fingers crossed ;)
Jon