Demountable wanted.

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
BobJ

Demountable wanted.

July 22nd, 2018, 9:19 pm

Hi.
I'm looking for a demountable to fit on a Nissan Navara which I have also yet to buy but have road tested. My budget is not huge so please do not message me with new/nearly new opportunities. Must have wind out awning, toilet shower cubicle, everything working or pretty much everything working. Ideally has electric legs, oven/grill, reasonable size fridge, at least 2 cooking rings. I've looked at a £10k one which I felt was overpriced - self-renovated and had finishing issues. Looked at a £4.5k one which had too much not working (heating, awning, step, latches and........) with had very ancient elec legs. So I'm somewhere inbetween. Was viewing a £6.5k tomorrow which looked promising but now not available. Anyway, just on the off chance members on here have something spare or looking to upgrade. Thanks.

zildjian
Site Admin

Re: Demountable wanted.

July 22nd, 2018, 9:43 pm

Hi Bob, I'm bound to point out firstly some Navara have known safety issues with chassis failure and if you have Facebook membership all you'll need to see is here https://www.facebook.com/groups/505526562959686/

that said now your camper,
a budget of 10K is very reasonable for what you've listed and you'll find most of them will fit a Nissan/Toyota/Isuzu/Ford Ranger etc, you may want to look additionally at a pair of air suspension bags on rear axle, see our sponsor Marcle leisure about a kit

if you are prepared to travel to Europe for a used camper you'll find a bigger market in any event follow our sales thread daily for constantly updated new adverts

further reading on buying used units here BUYERS GUIDES

mjb666

July 22nd, 2018, 9:45 pm

Hi Bob and Welcome to the Forum

We're a bit slower over here than the fast paced Facebook crowd but i reckon you're about spot on with a budget of £7-9k for your requirements. In fact as you've found out on the one that is now not available, if a fair priced De-mountable come's up For sale it'll always be Sold before you know it.

All i can suggest is if you see what you think you want, arrange a viewing asap and take a deposit.

Mike
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

zildjian
Site Admin

July 22nd, 2018, 9:50 pm

And if its an Apollo camper take description with large pinch of salt and carry a damp meter in your pocket,

(they are known money pits for the unwary)

mjb666

July 22nd, 2018, 9:51 pm

Can i assume the Nissan that you are considering is a Double cab? I had an Extra cab for three years with a view to fitting a De-mountable to it but after all the chassis issue's actually sold it and got an Isuzu instead. I know some owner's have strengthened the chassis but that to me doesn't seem the best way to go.

As Zildjian has pointed out there are lots of other base vehicles to choose from.
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

BobJ

July 22nd, 2018, 10:27 pm

Thanks for your helpful comments so far. The Navara, which is also not bought yet but pretty much decided on is later than the chassis problems thanks. For an automatic these appear to be okay with the right price range for a 12/13 plate. Took one out for a drive yesterday and the wife was very happy. It will be her day vehicle!! Although the hilux is good I think the choice and price is quite limiting and the L200 and Ford appears even more fuel hungary than the Navara for an auto box.