Fitting a diesel heater or similar

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
wonkywheel

Re: Fitting a diesel heater or similar

November 30th, 2018, 10:33 pm

That looks just the job 8-)
I will be going for something similar later so do keep us informed on performance etc.
Well done.
Mark
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" .......(Winston Churchill)

2007 Ford Ranger "Thunder" 4x4
Camper aedificavit domum
2016 Ford Ranger "Wildtrack" 4x4

kernowjon

January 17th, 2019, 8:19 pm

TheWalshyWay wrote:Just took the plunge and ordered a Chinese made diesel kit. Made the decision after joining a fb group " Chinese diesel heaters" it's a mixed bag of results however loads of info and helpful advice from obviously the same outlook as our group here.
Cost delivered to Ireland about £200. Now the delivery waiting game starts :) the kit comes with a slim profile fuel tank and all the bits and bobs.
Interestingly one of the posts mentioned that you can use the cheaper red diesel as it's not going to be in the main tank.
I'll update when/ if I get it installed.

B.
I also have a 2Kw Chinese Diesel heater waiting to be fitted. On the Chinese Diesel Heater group on FB - some people are using either heating oil (Kerosene) or a mixture of the Kerosene and Diesel - in the UK we no longer have red Diesel!
Jon

zildjian
Site Admin

January 17th, 2019, 8:29 pm

I've not bought any for awhile mind... but have you tried the canal boat refill stations?

Ogden scamper

January 20th, 2019, 4:31 pm

Saw some on sale locally at agricultural stockists though for small amount you might use as heating it probably might not be worth the bother of sourcing it near you

TheWalshyWay

January 20th, 2019, 9:33 pm

Do you not have "Home oil heating suppliers" in Britain ?
I know here in Ireland I would have no problem sourcing it Countrywide !
Most of the issues with these heaters seem to be either 'running out of fuel' or running on road Diesel for too long on *low setting* thereby not completely burning the fuel and 'coking up' the burn chamber ! As you say you have a 2KW heater most likely you will run it at a med/ high setting which should be fine. The effect is similar to modern Diesel car's with DPF's ( Diesel particle filters) just doing short journeys and the filter blocking up, to cure this you have to run your car for approx 20 mins at higher revs, same with the heaters.
Hope this helps

B.