Spirit Alcohol Stove?

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
wonkywheel

Spirit Alcohol Stove?

November 18th, 2017, 1:50 am

While looking through "Jackson's Leisure" web page to try to decide on which hob/sink combination to use I came across a spirit alcohol option.
Does anyone have any experience with these items?

I was interested to know how the running costs and efficiency of them compared with LPG. I have still to decide on refillable or bottled LPG.
Any thoughts on that too would be of interest to me :?:

The spirit alcohol route seems to have some merit with both portable or built-in units of both hobs and ovens being competitively priced. Also a portable option could be used to do the cooking outside in good weather saving heat buildup inside.
The "Heat Pal" cooker/heater seemed a good saving on fitting a warm air system for that bit of extra comfort on a cold evening. Its not as if I would want to use it unattended overnight. With my experience camping in my teardrop trailer, I found it very snug with a good quilt.

My only concern with using the heater is ventilation and condensation. With the teardrop being quite compact, without open ventilation condensation could be a problem. Just breathing overnight will cause half a pint of water vapour that will condense on any cold surface.

Any thought, comments welcomed.
Mark
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" .......(Winston Churchill)

2007 Ford Ranger "Thunder" 4x4
Camper aedificavit domum
2016 Ford Ranger "Wildtrack" 4x4

Big Jim

Re: Spirit Alcohol Stove?

November 18th, 2017, 7:39 am

I wanted an indoor/ outdoor solution , but I find a grill very useful , so it had to be gas . We do little cooking but the gas seems to last forever and if refillable cost of gas is next to nothing . Those little sink/hob combos with a glass lid are very neat , but no grill . I do have a spare Spinflo combo if you want one which are really practical but old fashioned looking .

wonkywheel

November 18th, 2017, 11:46 am

Jim,
I know what you mean about a grill. My current set-up in the teardrop is a 2 burner with a grill under. I tend to use a griddle plate on the top of the two burners for a hot and warm option.
I might be interested in the combo though. Have you a model number and a price in mind?
Mark
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" .......(Winston Churchill)

2007 Ford Ranger "Thunder" 4x4
Camper aedificavit domum
2016 Ford Ranger "Wildtrack" 4x4

Big Jim

November 18th, 2017, 12:56 pm

some pics sent