Indian summer ?

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
zildjian
Site Admin

Indian summer ?

September 7th, 2014, 3:16 pm

What a lovely day today (Sunday) wonder if any of our gang are actually camping this weekend.

Built the pick-up up again the other week with its tailgate and canopy and bedrug thinking the season was over and then this weather comes along
Damm!

TrueDink

Re: Indian summer ?

September 8th, 2014, 10:47 am

I didn't realise you took your bedrug out for mounting. I just leave mine in. It gives a nice soft base to the storage compartments between the buck sides and the camper.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0

rubberrat

September 8th, 2014, 2:43 pm

depends on the truck, in mine the liner takes up the vital and missing 10mm I need - damn irritating but I suppose it means that I get to see and clean the steel bed.

Its baking here in Norfolk today, and on my short 10 mile round trip this morning to Fakenham I passed at least 50+ caravans and motorhomes on the move,
Probably next weekend for us to get away. I might take the rear truckman top off today ready as it's a pain (heavy)to move. Roll on building my carport. I'll fit a crossbeam with an electric hoist so I can shift it without having to get hired muscle in.
Chevrolet 3.0 LUV Tischer Trail 200

zildjian
Site Admin

September 8th, 2014, 9:01 pm

Mine came with one fitted and it looked so nice (along with car then) that I thought i'd remove it in case it went a bit mouldy, anyway after I ordered up a plastic load liner the rug never fitted properly ever again although it always goes back in about now when the lid goes on.

Next year though I'll preserve some holiday for September time
overland for one thing and just in case we get this summer again

TrueDink

September 19th, 2014, 11:16 pm

I've got a beam in my garden with a block and tackle hung from it. Two ratchet straps go through the windows of the Truckman and with no effort the top comes off then is lowered onto my trailer. Incidentally my trailer is the chassis of a scrapped caravan and I took great pleasure scraping it. I actually got paid for the pleasure by taking the aluminium to a scrap merchant.

I've been told that the Bedrug's are made of a material that doesn't rot or go mouldy. I'm not convinced and I've never tested it. The top goes on as soon as the camper is demounted and visa-versa.
Nissan NP300 Navara Tekna double cab
S.Karosser EC6L-2.0