My Ranger & Suntrekker - Intro / Updates

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Big Jim

Re: My Ranger & Suntrekker - Intro / Updates

June 28th, 2017, 11:31 am

Good review .
I think I have a similar outfit to you only mines is 2x4 . I have the heavier Luton and a stack of stuff in the back and I am getting 27+ mpg , and I am not trying to drive too economicly. Jim

FREDY36

October 11th, 2017, 7:52 pm

Bonjour,
Je suis Français et j'ai la même cellule sur un nissan d22 .Je trouve que c'est une très bonne cellule.
Cet été nous avons fait les Balkans et notre ensemble est passé partout .
Nous sommes partis avec le road-book N° 31: https://www.vibraction.org/road-books/les-balkans/
Nous cherchons a mettre notre suntrekker sur un autre vehicule ,est ce que le ford ranger est bien ?
Y a t'il 4 places ?
Hello,
I'm French and I have the same cell on a n22 d22. I think it's a very good cell.
This summer we made the Balkans and our set has gone everywhere.
We left with road-book N ° 31: https://www.vibraction.org/road-books/les-balkans/
We are looking to put our suntrekker on another vehicle, is the ford ranger good?
Are there 4 seats?

Cordialement

A+ Fred

zildjian
Site Admin

October 11th, 2017, 8:03 pm

Hello Fred, yes I think thats possible always nice to hear from more Suntrekker owners, Lebencoin often feature them for sale, and here in UK they appear for sale almost every month

zildjian
Site Admin

October 11th, 2017, 8:59 pm

I found these three on our for sale section over last couple of years

Image Image

Big Jim

October 11th, 2017, 9:01 pm

Bonjour Fred
I am very pleased with my Ranger Suntrekker combination . I have the Supercab or Extracab
model which has 2 small seats in the back .I have heard that most trucks are too wide unless you modify the front legs .
Jim

RobYorkshire

May 2nd, 2018, 12:15 am

Well my Ranger and Suntrekker are still going strong 8-)

Had a couple of trips this year so far, 9 days wild camping around Wales and a long weekend up in the Dales.

Our Wales trip coincided with the "Beast from the East", the Eberspacher was our friend that week! And thank God for the 4wd!

I've given the truck a full service and ran a bottle of Archoil AR6900-D through the tank but I still have the engine management light flashing, it runs fine though so I'm just ignoring it now.

I've bought 2x Numax XV31MF batteries to replace the existing tired ones that were in the camper. I think I've written off the solar panel as it displays some strange behaviour. According to the charge controller, it's outputting a charge to the batteries but the readings I get with a multimeter from the solar panel are always pretty much identical to the reading when placed on the batteries. I did wonder if there was an issue with the controller, perhaps displaying the voltage from the batteries instead of the panel but during the night the reading is 0v as expected, so no idea. I know it's not maintaining the batteries when they're stood though which I'd expect a 75w panel to do so, especially with no load on them. I've bought a CTEK intelligent charger so the batteries get a proper charge when I get back from a trip, and it gets connected again a day or two before I go away. I also have the split charge system on the truck which tops them up when we're away. Yes I could do things better but rather than spending a big chunk of money on a new panel, controller, wiring and B2B chargers etc I'm happy to rely on the CTEK for now - and worse case scenario, bang a couple of new batteries in every other year.

Trip up to Scotland planned later in the year along with 4 weeks to do the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland - can't wait!

I'm tempted to give the camper a bit of an makeover but I don't want to get stuck into something and risk it dragging on, losing the ability to go away at short notice for a weekend for example. I was thinking of new wall lining as that looks straightforward enough - material wrapped around thin sheets of plywood, new carpet on the floor and reupholstering the seating with some curtains / skylight covers to match. Should freshen the interior up nicely and won't cost the earth.

Ford Ranger 2.5TD Super Cab 4x4 & Suntrekker Demountable

keeflester

May 2nd, 2018, 12:51 am

Fabulous pictures
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

zildjian
Site Admin

May 2nd, 2018, 6:24 am

Nice pictures Rob but didn't you pick a week to test that heater out!
weather like that means it's difficult to get back into camper without bringing too much in on you clothes/boots etc

RobYorkshire

August 16th, 2018, 6:37 pm

A few photos from our Scottish Highlands trip. We did about 1600 miles starting from Yorkshire. We headed north of Glasgow through the Trossachs, up round the west coast to Durness then worked our way back down to the Cairngorms. I've been doing the trip for a few years now in a car but this year was the first time in a camper. It was great not to be confined to hotel locations and check in times, instead having the freedom to do our own thing.

Found some lovely spots to wild in, with only one night in a campsite the entire trip.

Next stop - Ireland! ~2500 miles taking in the Wild Atlantic Way 8-)
Last edited by RobYorkshire on August 16th, 2018, 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ford Ranger 2.5TD Super Cab 4x4 & Suntrekker Demountable

zildjian
Site Admin

August 16th, 2018, 7:41 pm

Some nice pictures there well done, can we use some for banners on Facebook? :D