Outdoor shower ideas please

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
Big Jim

Outdoor shower ideas please

May 19th, 2017, 6:43 am

Hi does anyone have any pics or ideas on outdoor shower curtain rail/curtain and how to attach to the van . I would like mine on the back so that I can step from the shower into the van .

I was looking at some vintage caravans and one had an indoor shower that used what was basically a garden pressure sprayer . The owner used it by filling with a kettle of hot and a kettle of cold . What a simple idea I plan to use .

saDgit

Re: Outdoor shower ideas please

May 19th, 2017, 10:50 am

When we bought our place in France it had a kind of shower curtain that I'd never seen before and haven't seen since either but it might provide you with food for thought Jim. Unfortunately I removed it years ago and chucked it away and so I can't show you any pics but essentially it worked on the same principle as one of these folding towel rails.

Imagehébergeur d images gratuit

It was fixed to the shower wall, just above head height, and consisted of about six or seven rods as I recall (approx 5mm diam) with a hook formed into the end of each. Like the towel rail, they all folded flat against the wall. The curtain just hooked onto them through the holes that I think are standard in all shower curtains. Once you'd stepped into the shower you opened the rods away from the wall and the curtain opened around you. It worked pretty well. It's maybe the kind of thing that could remain fixed to the back of the camper while the curtain, once dry, just gets folded up and stored inside?
Martin

Previous demountables: Island Plastics 'Suntrekker' on P100, S.Karosser 'EC8L' on Ranger supercab, self-built pop-top on Ranger double cab
Current demountables: Rhino 'Safari' hardside on Ranger double cab

zildjian
Site Admin

May 21st, 2017, 1:53 pm

One of those pressure things would provide a fair fine mist, I've used them in the past don't know they would offer a 'shower' though as such.
This subject has cropped up more than a couple of times now & it will be interesting to see it solved eventually, I'm guessing there's nothing commercially available suitable Jim?

Big Jim

May 21st, 2017, 6:16 pm

I have not come across anything ready made , I will come up with something .

sabconsulting

May 21st, 2017, 6:41 pm

Interesting idea using the spray container - I like the simplicity of that.

What about repurposing the poles from an old gazebo to make a frame for your shower curtain.

Steve.

Big Jim

May 21st, 2017, 7:00 pm

I like the idea of using fibreglass tent poles . I think they would bend into a horseshoe and locate into some sockets in the camper . If it is angled slightly upwards I think it would support itself and the curtain without any other support .

Big Jim

May 26th, 2017, 8:20 pm

Tried this set up today . I left it out in the sun for a few hours . The pressure and volume was good , but it would have benefited from a kettle full of hot .

Mike

May 28th, 2017, 10:05 am

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... IJA&adurl=

You can buy these, they are black to absorb heat, I've seen them at festivals people say they work.
You could paint your tank black.
2008 Ford Ranger 3.0 Wildtrack
Nomad ( Ranger ) Demountable

Big Jim

May 28th, 2017, 11:09 am

Thanks . I have 2 of these but not tried them . I suspect the flow is more of a trickle ? I could use them to heat the water for my pressure washer .
I bought a tent from a car boot sale for £2 . I will use the fibre glass poles to make a semi circular pole . I am making up some sockets to fit to the back of the camper .

RobYorkshire

May 28th, 2017, 12:29 pm

Have you looked at the 12v showers Jim? Only £15-20 on eBay and they work surprisingly good. One of those with a collapsable 10L bucket does the job for me if I'm wild camping.

Ford Ranger 2.5TD Super Cab 4x4 & Suntrekker Demountable